Old 10-03-2015, 08:17 AM   #461

The VIP211K receiver isn't compatible with monoprice HDMI extender, the one that uses 2 CatX cables and isn't powered. I'm going to attempt running a 25' HDMI along with composite and audio cables across the ceiling. You can see from one of the photos that it tries to work, but screen keeps going black... on and off. I have my theories about whats up, but it doesn't matter at this point.

Audio upgrade.
***Added Kenwood head unit (BT, CD, Aux w/remote) it features subwoofer control with three pairs of high impedence RCA jack outputs
****4 channel Memphis amp (4.300)
****mono Memphis amp (1.250)
****2 farad capacitor (all on a board at the end of the panty cabinet
*****12" Memphis Subwoofer in an enclosure behind the recliners
****All 12ga oxygen free speaker wiring
****4 AWG to battery and ground
****8 AWG to amps via a distribution block with competition fuses and holders (inside the access panel)
****2 JL Audio 6x9 3-way (awesome by the way)
****4 zone speaker controller for the original outside speakers and the new...
****6.5" Polk Audio speakers in the bedroom and toy bay (2 pairs)

I didn't control the 6.9s they are wired as front on their own 2 channels; the other 2 channels are feeding the speaker controller then to the 2 zones. I probably should have went with a 2 channel amp.

The Memphis amps, by the way, don't inflate their ratings. For example a 300w Memphis puts out about 315w rms, while a 2000w Boss puts out about 330w rms before clipping begins. I sound like a Memphis ad... sorry.

The thing about the speaker controller is that it keeps a steady 4 ohms load for the amp no matter how many speaker zones are on or off. I was amazed at the quality of the contoller based on the price... 20 something dollars.

The 1.250 amp has a wired remote that allows you to easily control the subwoofer volume (the little thing with the blue light), a nice feature.

I lowered the TV on the wall so it is more suitable for watching from the recliners and added a cabinet above to hide wires but mainly for looks, although it has 2 shelves about 6" deep and 30" wide. I had the receiver there and hated the look.

Simple drawing of the 1/2" plywood backer I made to support the ceiling speakers. Hole to fit the speakers and split to be able to get it through the hole in the ceiling. I held each half in place with small screws through the ceiling paneling.

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #462

WW -your making it too hard Go with a HD wireless transmitter/receivers w built in remote control - they work great - Amazon has many models for around$100 Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1443875144.261635.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	90517
Here is a non HD one behind 1 of 3 TV in my Hyperlight- my Direct tv receiver for my rig is not HD so I just use Video composite wireless system

Old 10-03-2015, 08:33 AM   #463

Ooh WW you have way too much time - I need to retire to catch up on Mods - your toyhauler must go BOOM BOOM - lol
Old 10-03-2015, 08:34 AM   #464

X2 on wireless. Ours pushes the main tv and 3 others tvs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443875656.433023.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	90518
Old 10-03-2015, 08:49 AM   #465

WW, the extender you mentioned.. The one I posted above is powered and works great with the 211k. Every once in a while when you turn 3 or 4 tvs on and off, it will get hung up, but I would highly suggest the ones I have. I even bought 2 extra pairs. One for the house and one for our fish camp down in Louisiana.

Have to have tv on our luxurious deck!! HA!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443876588.488506.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	90519
Old 10-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgold View Post
WW, the extender you mentioned.. The one I posted above is powered and works great with the 211k. Every once in a while when you turn 3 or 4 tvs on and off, it will get hung up, but I would highly suggest the ones I have. I even bought 2 extra pairs. One for the house and one for our fish camp down in Louisiana.

Have to have tv on our luxurious deck!! HA!!

Attachment 90519
Nice!

Old 10-03-2015, 10:18 AM   #467

Who coulda thought w $2500 FEMA trailer could look so good... Lmao
Old 10-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #468

Nice get away

Old 10-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgold View Post
Who coulda thought w $2500 FEMA trailer could look so good... Lmao
I darn near bought one and put on a piece of land in Layfayette Cty Ge-or-g-i-a.
WW

Old 10-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #470

So... BUMP... been a while since posting mods. So... I have been busy again.

I was in the shop and noticed that I had some wood that seemed to be asking me to do something nice with "them". So, I added shelves in the super pantry. So much better and useful.

Next I added sliding drawers in those deep and narrow cabinets (read: nearly useless space) next to the fridge. More work than I intended. I would do better next time (NO, NO, NO!)

Next, two birds with one stone: I made a plate to hide some holes I had made earlier for a wireless remote and to allow me to move the awning switch and slide switch lower so I can find the light switch without so much groping.

Next, with the receiver move to the pantry, it was getting hot (all is better on Sewell powered HDMI extenders) so.... I added intake and exhaust vents as well as a muffin fan with a manual switch. I also routed those power cables (rcvr and extender) to a newly black painted 6 way so I can unplug to remove the parasitic power drain, which seems to be nearly 2 amps. I used the muffin fan grill for intake, but the fan is directly above the receiver with a 4x12 grill above that.

Last but not least, I've added a shelf below the now lowered television... it is low, but perfect for keys, remotes and the all importante' caffeine creator device.

Tags
xlr