Old 03-22-2016, 10:47 PM   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVBikers View Post
I love the shine, but am debating spraying it with bedliner.
I think Rhino liner would be great. My SO had the fender flares/mud guards on his 3500 SRW Rhino lined and he's always getting compliments on his truck - nice finishing touch, plus practical.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:43 PM   #502

I've used Sharkhyde on metal before and had good results. Haven't ever used it on aluminum.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1458704595.903823.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	102619

Old 03-23-2016, 07:39 AM   #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Pictures for today.

I like to use what I have, if I can do it and it looks OK. The Receiver shelf is 15" x 14" x 1/4" 6061 Aluminum fastened to 1-1/2" aluminum angle; then screwed to stud and wall. Its solid. I mounted it centered on the wall. It cleared the slide by about an inch; much closer than I thought it would be. If I placed the shelf 6" from ceiling a wider shelf could pass beneath it.
The cable wiring change required some tweaking. The receiver has a SAT, a TV, and an ANT coax port. I thought (or was I) if I cabled the ANT to that port the receiver would pass along that input. It doesn't not. So, I ran the SAT feed to the TV on RCA cable (the HDMI is not working) and the SAT feed to the TV over coax and all is well.
The panel is also salvaged... 1/8" aluminum diamond plate. I cleaned it up and painted satin black.
The shoe bag might be a bad idea. I figured it would be nice for small things, such as straps, etc. But, if I am not careful my SO might fill it up with shoes.... should have bought the one with less pockets. Can't seem to get this photo flipped the right way... its good on the desktop but sideways when I post it.
Hey WW, where did you tie in the electric outlet on the diamond plate mounted receptacle? I want to put a DVD player over there as I have replaced that AMAZING SOUNDING stereo head unit with a Sony, that does not play video. I'm about to mount a TV in the living room and would like to have dvd capabilities.

Thanks.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:39 PM   #504

Sorry for the slow response. I cut into the feed to the transfer switch from shore power line with a DIN rail 30 amp breaker in the line. A 20 amp feeds the outlet there plus it gives me the ability to add 20 amp for a future second AC unit in garage, with separate 20amp feed to shore. I would like to mount the DIN rail mini flush on the panel.
WW

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:10 PM   #505
John513

I put a outlet in the same place as WW did for my sat receiver or whatever else. I like WW idea with it being on separate circuit so you can run something more like some heaters or so since every other outlet is all on the same circuit. I ended up tapping into the outlet in the garage by fishing romex under the shower. I replaced the outlet in the garage with a standard household outlet using a old construction blue box in place of the rv style receptacle since I there wasn't enough room to tap another wire to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1459271413095.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	103212  
Old 03-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRiordan View Post
I put a outlet in the same place as WW did for my sat receiver or whatever else. I like WW idea with it being on separate circuit so you can run something more like some heaters or so since every other outlet is all on the same circuit. I ended up tapping into the outlet in the garage by fishing romex under the shower. I replaced the outlet in the garage with a standard household outlet using a old construction blue box in place of the rv style receptacle since I there wasn't enough room to tap another wire to it.
Nice work John! I ran a 12 awg down from the garage vent (future AC unit) and ran it from the garage under the shower, something like you did for the outlet back there.

I have to remove the utilities access panel to get to the breakers, which I don't like.

Did you notice I added a muffin fan to the panel? It provides cooling air for my receiver... the sucker gets REAL hot. It uses a lot of power when on and quite a bit when OFF. So, I unplug it when not using it.
WW

Old 03-29-2016, 02:06 PM   #507
John513

I did see the fan and did you just cut a hole under where your receiver sits to draw the air down and out the front of panel. I thought about it getting hot in that tight spot and I have monitored it when I use it and hasn't gotten real hot yet.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:48 AM   #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRiordan View Post
I did see the fan and did you just cut a hole under where your receiver sits to draw the air down and out the front of panel. I thought about it getting hot in that tight spot and I have monitored it when I use it and hasn't gotten real hot yet.
JR, mine also has the 4 zone speaker selector in the same space (it makes no heat), but I did cut holes above and below the receiver. On the bottom of the pantry - directly above it, I cut a big hole and installed a louvered grill (4x12 - white - Lowes) and then drilled a series of 1-1/2" holes below the receiver. That part is tricky because there are two layers of paneling between the shelf that the receiver sits on and the open area that I will call the REAM, in true military form- LOL! All campers should get REAMED (Rear Entrance Access (for) Maintenance - Electrical (with) Door

I don't know how much heat was given off when it is in free-air, but it seems very hot to me now... mine is a VIP211K. If your's isn't hot, I certainly would not go through all that.
WW

Old 03-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #509
John513

I think I have the same receiver. If yours is putting off slot of heat then I would think mine would also be putting it off to. I'll have to keep a closer eye on it. Didn't know if you thought about it, but the panel with the outlet and fan could you hinge it and put a slide latch on it for easy access.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:25 PM   #510

Hinges and latch would be a good mod. I couldn't see how it would work with the recessed panel. A revisit is required.
WW

Tags
xlr