Old 10-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilday4 View Post
Our 27 HFS doesn't have a silverware drawer and was curious if the 29 HFS had one. There is a false panel that I think would accommodate a drawer nicely and wondered if anyone has tackled that mod or approached that issue from another angle. Seriously can't believe FR didn't incorporate one into the cabinetry. Looking for any and all ideas. You guys have done some great mods to your units........way beyond what I have been doing. I feel super inadequate. Thanks guys.
I don't have a silverware drawer. There are 3 drawers on the pantry cabinet and 3 more at the storage near the fridge. I also have a roll around island cabinet that I use roll into the living room; this has two wider drawers that work better for silverware, but would love to find a silverware divider for it. So, I'm not much help for you. Wolf

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocrider50 View Post
Wolfwhistle, got my axles changed yesterday as well. Forgot to measure the before height so I'm not sure how much it raised the height. Did you measure yours? General RV did a great job, thanks Ed for the quick turn around. Less than 24 hours, it was almost too quick, I wasn't ready to come back so quick and pick it up. It seemed to pull at speed better, but that could all be in my head. I have to go find a flat area now and reset the ball height, or at least measure it.
I meant to measure it, but.... It is only slightly taller; I am only guessing but less than 2 inches is what I think it raised it. I park under a canopy (16 x 36); clearance was within in 6 inches at the rear corners before and not much closer now. If I pull under without the WDH, I am concerned, but with WDH still in place, no worries.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #63

I wanted to cover the end of the canopy to keep the brutal afternoon sun off the front of the TH. It will deteriorate the decals and could warp the nose. I've considered different ways to do it, but either they are too expensive or probably wouldn't work well. I found EZ Grabbit online and after getting them earlier in week installed them on Wednesday. I used a silver tarp. They hold better than grommets and can be used to erect a temporary shelter or join tarps together. See the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141012_115751.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	386.5 KB
ID:	64898   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141012_115615.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	321.2 KB
ID:	64899  

Old 10-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #64

WW, we went to the florida caverns in Marrianna. Had a great time. Had some challenges with the front bedroom led effecting the tv station it turned off the signal and it came back on when the light went off. I hear there are some instances the led cause problems. The corplast is sagging and I know you did I a nice job on yours. Did you replace the corplast? I know I want to try and mouse proof any openings. I like the idea of the insulation and insulating any pipes underneath. I also wanted to address the open electrical box just aft the front tongue. Seems like there would be a problem for corrosion.
John

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-19-2014, 10:53 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajean View Post
WW, we went to the florida caverns in Marrianna. Had a great time. Had some challenges with the front bedroom led effecting the tv station it turned off the signal and it came back on when the light went off. I hear there are some instances the led cause problems. The corplast is sagging and I know you did I a nice job on yours. Did you replace the corplast? I know I want to try and mouse proof any openings. I like the idea of the insulation and insulating any pipes underneath. I also wanted to address the open electrical box just aft the front tongue. Seems like there would be a problem for corrosion.
John

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Hey John, Im at Henderson Bch SP in Destin. I reused the coro... not damaged. I plugged all holes. Great Stuff You know I added firing strips. Doing it over i would insulate the top side of the coro.. probably Reflectix. The way i did was way too much work.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #66

My 29HFS doesn't have a drawer for silverware either. I stopped looking for a divider that would fit any of my drawers. Bad design. Love everything else though.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #67

Took the HFS to my dealer today. Had them replace the twisted and peeling off LED strip at the awning (the whole awning channel was coming off too, several screws fell out,) also had them fix the backwards installed winterizing valve (both warranty repairs,) and then had the tech run a dedicated satellite coax line from behind the TV out to the side of the rig where the cable and all the water inlets are. Success. Big thanks to the service staff at Pocono RV, and also to the XLR factory rep Mike Chamberlain for sending me the parts needed to make this happen. Good guys all around!
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2014 VW Jetta TDI (diesel sipper, camping support vehicle)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:02 PM   #68

Good report T.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #69

Bottom ramp/door flap

Finally got around to mounting the diamond plate ramp flap on the bottom of my door today. Hopefully, it'll make the ride in and out a bit less scary!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1330.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	532.0 KB
ID:	66510   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1331.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	416.9 KB
ID:	66511   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1332.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	409.0 KB
ID:	66512  
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2014 VW Jetta TDI (diesel sipper, camping support vehicle)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #70
Mod free 5er

Did you back it with 3/4" plywood?

Tags
xlr