Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2015, 10:07 AM   #341
CUZISA2

We haven't been camping since this started. Haven't been able to get away from work. If the light is still working on the booster do you still think it might be bad? All connections are good on the back of the wall plate where the circuit board is at.
mgmalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:27 AM   #342
Coachmen Adrenaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmalm View Post
I've been waiting for a month and a half now for Diane Daly to provide assistance for our many issues. The main problem is the TV's still won't pull any channels in. We've done everything everyone has suggested and we still can't get them to work. We've gotten behind the living room TV and the booster is on. We even unscrewed it from the plate and checked everything behind the plate and still nothing. We've got to get a service tech to figure it out. It's beyond our abilities and we've checked everything we can get to.

Since Diane won't respond to us after repeated attempts does anyone know of a dealer in central Illinois, we are near Springfield, that you could recommend for the repairs. I'm so disappointed in FR and their lack of support. Why do a handful of people get great service and the rest of us are left hanging? They need to give everyone the same service and honor the warranty they are providing.
I sent you a pm after your previous post about having issues...haven't gotten a response??? So I have reached out to try and offer help, which was before you posted this, but I haven't received a response from you so I can approach Diane with the correct information. Please look at your messages and reply so I can try to help.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:34 AM   #343

If you can hook a cable up from your house to see if it works that way be sure to cut the booster off when doing this.
Also are you connecting your main TV to the connection that says Ant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
egladden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:59 AM   #344
CUZISA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiller45 View Post
I sent you a pm after your previous post about having issues...haven't gotten a response??? So I have reached out to try and offer help, which was before you posted this, but I haven't received a response from you so I can approach Diane with the correct information. Please look at your messages and reply so I can try to help.
Had to log off and back on to get the message. I've sent the VIN info to you.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #345
CUZISA2

I'm still trying to get my TVs to work. I'm attaching a picture of the plate with the power booster. Can anyone tell me what the different wire colors go to?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1440261951305.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	86528   Click image for larger version

Name:	1440261966239.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	86529  
Old 08-22-2015, 12:03 PM   #346
CUZISA2

The FR plant manager said the splitter is behind the microwave. Has anyone pulled the micro out? I don't want to make a mess for myself.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #347

Coax cables: black is antenna feed, white to second set, yellow to cable feed. White and green is +12vdc and ground.. Or should be. Nor sure where the grey goes or why it's not terminated... Possibly it is satellite feed and should be terminated on the vacant coax through the plate connection??

I would remove the black (temp for a test) and with a barrel connector connect to a TV antenna input, run the antenna up, put at a station and see if the antenna is good... then go from there.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:10 PM   #348

Well today I finally mounted my tv mount in the kitchen main living area as well as started to pack up for a camping trip we are taking on Thursday. Returning Sunday.

Toys-
Yamaha G9 Golf Cart
2010 Harley FLHX with lots of mods
bowtie_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie_guy View Post
Well today I finally mounted my tv mount in the kitchen main living area as well as started to pack up for a camping trip we are taking on Thursday. Returning Sunday.
Have fun BTG! Pictures?

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 08-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #350

Tiled the Kitchen in 27' HFS

What do you think? Before and after attached. It is the plastic-ey type vinyl tile from Home Depot that costs around $5 per 1 square foot. Ordered it online. I am very pleased with it, although the installation was a bit longer than I anticipated.

Name:	20150801_180516.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	87087

Name:	20150815_152309.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	87088
akb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:59 PM   #351

Vinyl tile in bathroom on 27' HFS

This is the vinyl tile in the bathroom. Still need to figure out the sides but I think it looks cool. I found a little plastic-ey side piece at Home Depot that i can just stick on the sides for a more "polished" look.

Name:	20150815_133115.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	87090
Old 08-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #352

Loaded up the toy!

This is our Polaris RZR that we took out recently in our 2014 27'HFS. We towed the toy hauler once unladen - tows beautifully. Second time, we had this in the back, nose-in. BIG difference. Not really sure how much the RZR weighs (we thought 1000#) but it must be heavier. Third time, DH got wise and decided to try it with the RZR backed in so the engine would be at the back (towards the bathroom door). In these things the motor is in the back, make sense? Tows much better with the front of the RZR facing the ramp. We are towing it with our F250 and it's fine - it's just that you can feel that "tug" when she's loaded up. Love, love, love our toyhauler. Still feel giddy when I see it.

Name:	20150801_100931 (1).jpg
Views:	265
Size:	489.2 KB
ID:	87093

Name:	20150801_204317.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	87094
Old 08-27-2015, 06:02 PM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by akb2000 View Post
This is our Polaris RZR that we took out recently in our 2014 27'HFS. We towed the toy hauler once unladen - tows beautifully. Second time, we had this in the back, nose-in. BIG difference. Not really sure how much the RZR weighs (we thought 1000#) but it must be heavier. Third time, DH got wise and decided to try it with the RZR backed in so the engine would be at the back (towards the bathroom door). In these things the motor is in the back, make sense? Tows much better with the front of the RZR facing the ramp. We are towing it with our F250 and it's fine - it's just that you can feel that "tug" when she's loaded up. Love, love, love our toyhauler. Still feel giddy when I see it.
Attachment 87093

Attachment 87094
Cool AKB. And, they way the garage can haul 2K#. I would imagine that the razor straight in reduced tongue weight so the ratio was below 10%. The only way to know is to weigh the rig.

Are you saying that what looks like tile backsplash is vinyl? Tell me more.

Thanks for the pics. WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 08-29-2015, 09:57 PM   #354

Anyone do anything to keep the cabinet doors over the couch in the slideout and bed open when in use? the ones that open up towards the ceiling.....Boss says fix it, I'm looking for ideas... guess I'm off to lowes
roguepra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:19 PM   #355

Smart tile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Cool AKB. And, they way the garage can haul 2K#. I would imagine that the razor straight in reduced tongue weight so the ratio was below 10%. The only way to know is to weigh the rig.

Are you saying that what looks like tile backsplash is vinyl? Tell me more.

Thanks for the pics. WW
Yes WW I ordered them off of homedepot.com. if you go to the website type in "smart tile" in the search field. You can see all the possibilities. It's a 1x1 peel and stick vinyl tile. Easy peasy.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:24 PM   #356

Cabinet holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguepra View Post
Anyone do anything to keep the cabinet doors over the couch in the slideout and bed open when in use? the ones that open up towards the ceiling.....Boss says fix it, I'm looking for ideas... guess I'm off to lowes
Yes we are having the same problem with the cabinets. Super annoying to hold it open with one hand while you use the other to grab your goods. We were thinking maybe a tiny magnet on the ceiling that would line up with the handle when pushed up???
Old 08-29-2015, 10:56 PM   #357

tried that...didn't work the handles aren't magnet friendly... going to get the holds like are on a toy box tomorrow from lowes, Ill let you know how it worked
Old 08-29-2015, 11:18 PM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguepra View Post
tried that...didn't work the handles aren't magnet friendly... going to get the holds like are on a toy box tomorrow from lowes, Ill let you know how it worked

What about these?

http://cdn.opentip.com/Tools-Home-Im...FRc2gQodbTwAOw
Old 08-29-2015, 11:41 PM   #359

Thanks OG...that's the same idea I was looking at (different style) I'm going to look around lowes tomorrow so I can get this knocked out without having to wait for shipping...Id like to have it done by next weekend...I was just reading about your led swap... got that on the list also...now that you have been using them, is there anything you would have done different??
Old 08-30-2015, 05:43 AM   #360

A couple of ideas... plus one

This has to be one of the least expsnsive ways to hold a door up. I wish I had seen this before I went with the catches I used. Just Finding Our Way: Just Hold It
You should check out these folks mods on a Casita 5th wheel... nice stuff

I went with this to keep it simple and easy to install, but it requires two hands to lift the door; one to hold the door and the other to swing the catch down. But, it certainly holds the doors well. I bought from another source and the price of a pack of two was about this much... this is just the first one I found just now.
Rounded Baggage Door Catch - White - RV Designer E211 - Compartment and Hatch Hardware - Camping World

Other than the first very inexpensive idea, this next one is much better. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/RV-Ca...-p/31-1474.htm

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas

Tags
xlr