Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #381

Well today I unhooked the trailer back at home. Was a great long weekend. Unfortunately with busy work weeks ahead I tend to think we are done for the winter. Little guy starts school this week and our schedules don't match up for days off.

Toys-
Yamaha G9 Golf Cart
2010 Harley FLHX with lots of mods
bowtie_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:26 PM   #382

Sad day.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Dually Diesel
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #383

Darn!

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:44 AM   #384

as promised cabinet doors with the struts installed pic....they work nice..

roguepra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:03 AM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguepra View Post
as promised cabinet doors with the struts installed pic....they work nice..

Looks good R! When closed, do they try to lift the door? If so, you should consider Phlip-It latches on those overhead cabinets. I can't remember what unit you have, but on the pantry doors, too if like mine

I noticed you have two lights on your slide ceiling. I only have one (sad).

You should add your equipment to your signature line, helps others.

WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #386

no they spring the other way and tighten up the door to help keep it closed...when I looked at them I had the same thought.....very happy with them...and they were as cheap as the spring parts I would have had to buy for the other fix.....
Old 09-13-2015, 11:37 AM   #387

ok will do......2016 27 hfs
heres the link to the ones I got...they come 2 in a pack so don't do what I did and order 7 packs...lmao
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/RV-Ca...-p/31-1474.htm
your suggestion WW...thanks
2015 Roadglide spec
2012 switchback mechanic..(wife's)
Old 09-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguepra View Post
no they spring the other way and tighten up the door to help keep it closed...when I looked at them I had the same thought.....very happy with them...and they were as cheap as the spring parts I would have had to buy for the other fix.....
Thats cool R, better than I thought. You know thinking about it, many RVs came with something like these as standard equipment. A little thing taken for granted, but very convenient. Thanks for the pics.

WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-13-2015, 07:22 PM   #389

Okay, so I worked a little on Sunday. I put up the Smart Tile in kitchen and bathroom and also added a couple of LED strips in the bath. There on sale for $4.99 from Wayfair, but not sure I would deal with them. took 11 days to get them. Also, if you want to send them back they gouge you with what you would have spend to have it shipped... not so free shipping. I thought they were wrong since pictures show slight difference, but found out how they work. They have a metallic layer which makes the translucent vinyl look like glass or stone (a mixture) it is paper thin in the grout lines and maybe 1/8"
on the fake glass / stone. Looks very realistic. The look of tile with the whole deal weighing less than a panel of stone or glass backsplash.

I took off the FR fake-o tile paper in the kitchen and lots of glue left on wall, so I wiped down with a rag dampened with TSP. Then rinse with water twice. As tile went up in that first section, I wasn't sure it was sticking good, so for the heck of it I added more tile on another wall only wiping with a little soap and water. Seemed better. Anyway, its done and if its not laying on the counters tomorrow, I'm good to go.

The LED in bathroom: I wired to BR switch and fished all along the outlets / panels only having to drill through one "stud" if you can call a 1-1/2" X 2" spruce a stud. Anyway, went well.

I'm sitting here with pictures which I haven't been able to upload for week or more. I dropped the size jpg to 1.5 Mb and tried opening, taking a screen shot and pasting in .png. Nothing works. I'm thinking it could be my account or a site issue.But the common denominator is I use only my smart phone which I have deleted files and apps in an attempt to gain memory. Tomorrow I'll use my camera and see what happens.

WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #390

WW, you are WAY too productive on a weekend.

2014 XLR27HFS
Old 09-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #391

Roguepra...

I wish my 30 HDS had cabinets above the couch like yours.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:06 AM   #392

I am ordering and staging electronic parts and pieces for my audio upgrade.

What's needed is more volume and better sound quality from from radio and TV; I also didn't like the Dish Receiver away from the radio on the cheesy bracket I made.

So, new head unit with bluetooth and remote (Kenwood); 2 Memphis amps, a 4 channel for speakers and one 250W mono for a new Memphis Sub in a shallow box, I'll build. Adding two new 6x9 JL Audio 3 ways for the living room ceiling.... is here or ordred.

I moved the Rcvr to the pantry cabinet (next to the radio) so audio feed (aux) to radio is easy, as well as, feed from the Carry Out dish.

The amps (4 channel and Sub) will mount to the side of the panty cabinet (behind door) to show them off, as well as the capacitor.

I also have ordered a HDMI via 2x-Cat5e adapters to get video from Dish receiver to TV.

To get audio from TV to the audio system, I am going to connect TV to the head unit via bluetooth adapter, but have wiring in place if necessary. The head unit allows 2 devices at a time, so I can stream from my smart phone too, hopefully.

This is a new thing for me, so not sure how all this will work.

I also lowered the TV (more eye level with recliners) and will build a cabinet for storage and to hide wires / outlets that will mount above TV on wall. I'm doing that today as well as proving the HDMI port on the receiver is good and to see if I can control volume to the RCA audio out jacks via wireless remote will work. If I can, I might add a small amp and small speakers in the new cabinet. I don't think it will work, though.

WW
Sorry, typical me... long winded.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-14-2015, 11:10 AM   #393

WW, you amaze me at the projects and TIME you have to work on your upgrades. Please continue to be "long winded" and share your experiences with the group...
Old 09-14-2015, 08:47 PM   #394

I found out today that the audio jacks on the TV are inputs and I don't see a headset jack. It looks like the only way to get audio out is via optical. I know some of the sound bars have that input. I'm glad I checked this out, because I thought of adding an amp I have and two 6" speakers to the new cabinet (also not built), but now I know that won't work. So the cabinet will be to hide the wiring and adapters and add more storage. I will probably make that tomorrow, if all goes well.

I also got my SlideOut Kover and the JL Audio 6x9s via UPS today.

My HDMI port on the receiver which hasn't worked, or so I thought worked like a champ today. I don't have the HDMI / Cat5e adapter yet, so I just hooked it up to test.

All I accomplished today was to change the slip in thingy so the new head unit will work; mounted a piece of 1/2" plywood (to mount the amps on); mounted the Memphis SRX4.300 amp (I can't believe how heavy it is... looks like a quality piece); terminated the three Cat5e cables on male plugs (568B); Put on a few more Phlip-It latches; took some pictures and cleaned up some.

I need to get in touch with the forum techie. I took pictures on my Sony camera; transferred to the better PC and still it fails to upload file. Not being about to post pictures is frustrating. I have to be careful what I say, the language police are there making sure we stay politically correct and don't offend anyone. Especially if the butt of your joke is a quarterback god. Can I say "butt"? It is an idiom... a figure of speech

WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-15-2015, 09:09 AM   #395

You know you are losing it when you reply to your own posts... actually I'm adding a thought (that's my story).

Is the 26" TV without headset or RCA input really a problem.... a resounding NO! It subtly shouts "upgrade!". The only question to ask is it down to Walmart for a 32" today or tomorrow!

The 26 would look nice in the bedroom or garage. Which means getting an HDMI splitter and another HDMI / Cat5e converter and running more Cat5e. If I just knew and old telecom network guy

Now I'm laughing at my own sillyness.

A cheapskate would simply open the TV housing and "bug' onto the existing speaker wires... and if it was an OCD (CDO alphabetized) cheapskate he would bug on AND add a headset jack, canabalized from an old ra-didy-o. Hello!

The sooner someone figures out why WW can't upload a photo the quicker my replies get longer, but infinetly more interesting

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #396

It's hell to get old...but beats the alternative.

2014 XLR27HFS
Old 09-15-2015, 08:03 PM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
It's hell to get old...but beats the alternative.

2014 XLR27HFS
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-16-2015, 06:33 AM   #398

WW,
Can you confirm your errors when trying to upload your pictures from your PC? You had done it plenty of times in the past, so I know it's not a procedure thing. I'm guessing some "setting" was turned on or off with your profile. You still have the "paper clip"/attach file icon when typing the message, right?

Let's get you back to posting pictures....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FTS.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	88853  
Old 09-16-2015, 07:04 AM   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

WW

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1442405035.184764.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	88855

2014 XLR27HFS
Old 09-16-2015, 07:10 AM   #400

LIKE....

Tags