Old 06-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #1

What did you do to your Hyperlite XLR today?

1- Wired in a Sony 25W amp to the inside speakers... would like to upgrade to 6x9s, next, but the little kickers are kicking now!
2- Made a diamond plate panel to replace the wood one, near right side of sofa (dinette if that is what you have), wired in a 110vac duplex outlet, and painted the panel black satin (outlet and cover brown).
3- Ran 12V wire into access compartment; getting ready for marine cigar lighter I ordered; not here yet (Carry-out Winegard dish needs it)
4- Fixed the microwave issue (added 1/2-in plywood to the cabinet and refastened it all.
5- Checked the batteries.
6- Wired in a 750W inverter where the generator would go... not completely finished, yet.
7- Installed a inside / outside thermometer (put the outside sender in the generator box (no gen).
8- Hung a shoe holder in the toy box left of the door going out.
9- Hung a broom holder in toy box.
10- Mounted Sat. Receiver on homemade mount over TV... bolted it down, if you do this make sure slide clears it or stops before hitting.
11- Rewired the Cable Outlet to allow a future toy box or bedroom TV to watch Sat or Antenna feed.
12- Sprayed the slide seals with lubricant for that purpose.
Went back out to take pictures, cause I know how much guys and gals like pictures. I will post in a few... Wolf

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #2

Pictures for today.

I like to use what I have, if I can do it and it looks OK. The Receiver shelf is 15" x 14" x 1/4" 6061 Aluminum fastened to 1-1/2" aluminum angle; then screwed to stud and wall. Its solid. I mounted it centered on the wall. It cleared the slide by about an inch; much closer than I thought it would be. If I placed the shelf 6" from ceiling a wider shelf could pass beneath it.
The cable wiring change required some tweaking. The receiver has a SAT, a TV, and an ANT coax port. I thought (or was I) if I cabled the ANT to that port the receiver would pass along that input. It doesn't not. So, I ran the SAT feed to the TV on RCA cable (the HDMI is not working) and the SAT feed to the TV over coax and all is well.
The panel is also salvaged... 1/8" aluminum diamond plate. I cleaned it up and painted satin black.
The shoe bag might be a bad idea. I figured it would be nice for small things, such as straps, etc. But, if I am not careful my SO might fill it up with shoes.... should have bought the one with less pockets. Can't seem to get this photo flipped the right way... its good on the desktop but sideways when I post it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140623_171353.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	56170   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140623_171446.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	56171   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140623_170923.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	56172   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140623_171524.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	56174  

Old 06-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #3

Great ideas Wolfwhistle,thanks for posting!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #4

Cool.
I just picked up or 29hfs and camped in it on the way home.
JohnThanks to your comments the other day it was easier. What inverter did you install, how will it work for you?
I am looking at a generator to try and fit on the tongue area.
Looking forward to all the cool things to add.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #5

Talking

John,
I will have to look but its a 750W. I want it to be able to run an air compressor or electric drill, or whatever. 750W isn't much. It would be just as easy to go bigger. I put it in the generator box (I have the gen prep). I decided against an on board generator because of the noise and vibration. I have a 2000W honda that I will sit out as far as possible and on the ground.... the rare instances when I might need a generator. For transport, I will strap it down to the generator rack on the tongue that it came with, but again when running it will be on the ground. I used the factory battery cable to the circuit breaker, but ran a 10AWG wire from the breaker to the inverter. (same for the ground) I haven't hard mounted it, but probably should. I have done nothing today...

Old 06-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #6

I know the rv already has an inverter, but I am not sure the size. You added another new inverter so you could operate larger items that need more energy but placed it in the gen area?
Old 06-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #7

I would like to see if I can get the honda 3000 to fit on the tongue somehow. Otherwise it would get stored in the garage.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajean View Post
I know the rv already has an inverter, but I am not sure the size. You added another new inverter so you could operate larger items that need more energy but placed it in the gen area?
John,
our trailers have converters which change AC to DC to run the 12Volt things. I don't think it has the advanced type battery charger built in. I need to find out. But, when I say an inverter... it is a little box that connects to 12volt battery and produces 110volt AC like at home. The trailer doesn't come with an inverter.

your 3000 is obviously bigger than my 2000, so I am not sure if it will fit or not.

Wolf

Old 06-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #9

If you really want to have the generator mounted on the front rack; you could move the battery to the gen compartment.This would give you enough room up front.I have not done this as I do not want the generator this close to the unit.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #10

Looks good WolfWhistle!!!

As for the gen on the tongue, I actually tried that with our Honda 3000, and the vibration transferred to the inside was horrible. Also lifting it around the propane tanks was a major pita. I previously had a truck camper, so have the gen setup in a luggage tray attached to a front bumper hitch. I decided to leave it there and just remove it when parked. I can't even imagine what the vibration would have been like if I had gotten the onboard gen.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags
xlr