Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #1

What is this noise?

Hi there,
First time posting. We have a 2016 Thunderbolt 425amp. We have been settled for about a week and the last few days I keep hearing a banging noise under the bedroom. I can even feel the floor shake. There can be quite a few hours between occurrences or maybe twenty minutes. We checked the auto level system and it is still level.
Any idea what could be going on?
SheensDerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #2
clr

It may be your front landing jacks. But normally they are said to make a popping type of noise. If you look at the LCI tech bulletins you will see a correction for the popping noise. You have to add antistickon sp fluid to the hydro system.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
It may be your front landing jacks. But normally they are said to make a popping type of noise. If you look at the LCI tech bulletins you will see a correction for the popping noise. You have to add antistickon sp fluid to the hydro system.
Hmm, I suppose you could call it a popping noise. It's loud and shakes the unit.
I'll look into this, thank you
SheensDerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:57 PM   #4

I am just back form vacation, I heard something similar, I dropped it of the jacks then auto levelled again, it ceased for about 24 hrs. I will deffo look into this, thanks
Ian Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise