Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #1

Will a rzr 900 xp fit in a 27?

I'm thinking about getting one to haul my xp. Anyone carry one and does it fit?
Swatpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #2

I hauled my Harley-Davidson touring bike that is almost 9 feet long with no problem in my 27' XLR Hyper-Lite. Don't know if that helps you.
ScottB1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #3

Hyper lite 27ft

Are you happy with your Hyper Lite and are there any problems we should be aware of. We are thinking about buying the 27ft. tow hauler from rvwholesalers, we have a rzr 800 we would be hauling in the garage area.
rhummingbirdhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #4

I haul a RZR 800 that is currently 54" wide in a Grey Wolf 21rr. When I was looking at trailers my dealer told me to bring my rzr in and we could see if it would fit. I wanted the 19rr but it was too small. You are going to need something big for the XP.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #5

I have a SK2112. I bought a RZR800 because it was 50" wide. The SK2112 has about a 58" width between the sink cabinet and entertainment cabinet. I also bought the RZR800 because it will fit on the 50" trails in many srates where the XP with it's 60" width will not. The problem I have is getting most of the RZR weight over the axles. I now back it in which is a little hassle but the weight distribution I feel is better. I have already replaced my springs to a heavier duty type after losing a leaf spring while on vacation in CO last year. Didn't increase the axle capacity but helped not to flatten out the springs while loaded. The difference in price of the heavier duty springs was less than $5 total. Didn't make me to happy with Forest River. The tie downs are also junk and I ended up drilling eye hooks through the frame.
firstkatmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
RFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB1971 View Post
I hauled my Harley-Davidson touring bike that is almost 9 feet long with no problem in my 27' XLR Hyper-Lite. Don't know if that helps you.
Hey ScottB1971, sorry to hijack this thread..... I just took delivery of a new 27hfs, the ramp seems a bit steep for my Electra Glide but I haven't tried it yet because of all the snow here in RI. I guess the tongue needs to be way up to solve the problem. Any tips ?
2007 Harley Electra Glide Classic
:iwo
RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatpilot View Post
I'm thinking about getting one to haul my xp. Anyone carry one and does it fit?
Did anyone ever answer this question? We are looking at a 27 HFS and trying to figure out if our RZR XP (9'.04") will fit in the 9' garage of the 27 HFS.
cedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #8

I will let you know for sure next Monday taking mine home this weekend and putting RZR 800 in it and it better fit salesman told me no problem. Its gonna be tight.
Tom
leadhead358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #9

I don't think the 900's will fit if not mistaking the 900's are a longer wheelbase then the 800's the width is wider but that would not be an issue.
leadhead358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #10

cedwards,
The dimensions of the 27 hsf garage are:
9' 1/2" long
94 1/2" wide but only 69 1/4" wide at front of garage(wheel wells).
86" height to ceiling, 74 1/2" height to bottom of top bed if installed.

You can probably squeeze it in there but you may not like how cramped it will be. Better measure the rzr to be sure. If there is a winch added to the front, that may not be included in the spec'd length. My winch hook protrudes 2 inches in front of the standard machine. It might hit the bathroom door unless you tie it open while the rzr is loaded.

Something I just did was lower the fuel tank by installing some 1 1/4 square tubing above the tank hanger to lower it a bit. The fill hose was so level, I had trouble filling the tank without gas running back out the filler. Adding additives resulted in much of it on the ground. And you do need additives if you can't buy non-ethanol gas. I tried using a long piece of vinyl tubing on a funnel to get it further into the fill hose but that was inconvenient and not very satisfactory. I haven't used it yet but there is some definite slope to the hose now.
Rotech is offline   Reply With Quote