Old 10-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #11
Originally Posted by wskypapa View Post
So, I went to winterize my 27HFS today, for the 1st time on this unit. (Not the 1st time I've winterized an RV)

I removed all the low point drain caps with all the taps open, removed the hot water tank drain plug, bypassed the hot water tank. Re-installed the low point drain caps when it was finished draining.

When I went to pump anti-freeze into the system using the short hose by the pump, it would not pump/suck any thing out of the jug of antifreeze (yes, I switched the valve to the short hose). I tried priming the short hose with antifreeze, it did not help. It seemed to suck slightly, when I switched the valve towards the fresh water tank.

Anyone have any ideas?
Make sure there is not a FW valve in line, I found that out last year when it wouldn't suck. Nowhere was that valve in any info that came with the unit. Once I closed that it just drank all the cool-aid.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #12
Well count me as part of the backward valve bunch. I do have an observation though. On mine, I think the valve itself is manufactured backwards. The handle is supposed to point in the direction of least that's what I would expect....and that's how it's assembled. But, to get the valve to work correctly, you have to attach the lines so that the handle either points to the pump, or the winterizing line. That seems goofy to me, I just wonder if Hyperlite got a batch of Chinese valves where someone was asleep at the controls?

Cape Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

winter, xlr, winterize