Old 10-04-2015, 03:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in pa View Post
hello all, hey first time tt owner and I will be winterizing soon, I plan on using the blow out system also, question do I blow out the system while my bypass valves are in the position they are in now ( camping position ) or move the valves then blow out the system. thanks joe I have a 2015 24fqsl
If you have drained and flushed the tank then yes close them off to bypass.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #12

I blew mine out last year and with a large compressor (in the shop), regulated pressure; I was amazed at how long it took to remove all the moisture. I would think antifreeze would have been quicker, next time. Maybe we won't get a freeze this year.
WW

Old 10-04-2015, 08:39 PM   #13

winterizing XLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
I blew mine out last year and with a large compressor (in the shop), regulated pressure; I was amazed at how long it took to remove all the moisture. I would think antifreeze would have been quicker, next time. Maybe we won't get a freeze this year.
WW

I never fully trusted the blow-out only method with all the little valves and back flow stuff. So I drown it in pink stuff!

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
Old 11-18-2015, 04:50 PM   #14

ok stupid question but where is the water pump located on the 27hfs??? I thought it was under the bed with the water heater but I don't see it.... it sounds like its under the kitchen sink but I don't want to start taking stuff apart till I know for sure...we are going to run to the obx for a little stripper fishing over thanksgiving and I thought I would run anti freeze through it before we returned to the cold nights here....thanks
2015 Roadglide spec
2012 switchback mechanic..(wife's)
roguepra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #15

I am not sure about the 2-7, but its under the sink... on the floor... of a 2-9. I must be special, but mine came with the valve and hose for adding the pink.
WW
Old 11-18-2015, 08:22 PM   #16

Guess I'm special too, WW, as mine came with valve and hose as well. Think up in Wisconsin I won't chance it not freezing though!
Old 11-18-2015, 09:32 PM   #17

ok thanks....I blew it out and dumped some pink in the traps...it says a couple nights in the mid 20's around here before we leave for the outer banks....when I come home for sure it will be winterized...
2015 Roadglide spec
2012 switchback mechanic..(wife's)
roguepra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
I am not sure about the 2-7, but its under the sink... on the floor... of a 2-9. I must be special, but mine came with the valve and hose for adding the pink.
WW
My 29hfs has the bypass and extra long hose for winterizing. Being the first time doing this, I went over board and used 4 gallons. Just wanted to be safe than sorry and it only cost a few bucks...
Old 11-19-2015, 08:44 AM   #19

I like the idea of draining all tanks - 1
relieve pressure from the water heater (lift the safety valve) -2
removing the anode (if equipped) - 3

EDIT: temporarily use regulated air pressure to finish draining water from the heater... remove the air pressure

bypassing the water heater (close hot and cold and open the bypass valve) -4
WITH REGULATED AIR PRESSURE (no more than 50#) blowing out faucets (hot and cold) at a time... don't forget the outside shower... and the toilet... closing valves after mostly air comes out then disconnect the air pressure -5
Locate the water pump; remove the inlet from the WP, if you don't have a valve and hose... attach or use the provided hose into the water pump.... with the hose into a jug of pink antifreeze turn on the pump - 6
Then one at a time open hot and cold faucets, again including toilet and outside shower until a good concentration of antifreeze comes out -7
turn off the pump -8
reinstall the anode in the water heater - 9
then add a good amount of antifreeze to all drains including the shower -10
open all faucets -11
drain all tanks again -12
It should take between 2 and 3 gallons to Get'R Dun.
WW
Old 11-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #20

I would open all H&C faucets,then Turn on the W/H bypass valves,now remove the Low point drains! This stops White Crud from going downstream in your water system. Now remove the ARod/drain plug from your W/H,No need to lift Relief valve as the pressure is removed by opening the Faucets! Youroo!!

Tags
winter, xlr, winterize