Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #61

It has a radio! What will they think of next!

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:46 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Rider View Post
Haha,

A buddy mounted a fire extinguisher to the inside wall (gunwale) of his boat.

The screws looked nice from the outside, since they were stainless

Anyway, back on topic.

I have done a lot of modifications to various vehicles I have owned over the years and a wiring diagram/schematic really helped when tapping into a particular power source. Would be nice to have that with our RV's.
When I was younger and had less sense I decided to put a hasp lock on my chest freezer after screwing into the freon line the lock was kind of pointless
Old 03-02-2015, 08:29 PM   #63

I can remember a time many years ago where I was pulling a empty rail container with my cab over International Harvester. .... it was way below zero and the fuel started jelling. .... The truck had lost all power even with the pedal to the floor. I pulled to the side of the road and got out one of those foot long road flares. I lit the flare and held the hot end next to the fuel filter canister thinking it would melt the frozen / jellied fuel enough to get somewhere off the road. After about 15 minutes of freezing in the wind and extreme cold I decided to jab the spike end of the flare into the tread of the front tire...... aiming carefully at the tread part I jabbed at it with enough force to set it..... Unfortunately the spikey part skipped off the tire and went about an inch into my knee.
When I made it to the truck stop (yes it warmed the filter) I proudly walked in with my bloody leg and got a partial load of kerosene. ....
Cow Bell
2010 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner Deluxe
chpence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:17 AM   #64

WolfWhistle, I just signed up to this forum, am a new hyperlite owner. Was hoping I could download that wiring diagram you posted on 2/21. Any way to get that as a file for printing out?
G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #65

Remind what the wiring was for.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 04-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #66

Wiring diagram

In my current case, related to the coax connectivity. Appears to be some sort of splitter (not related to the RF amp behind the dual coax plate) in the wall. I say that because when I disconnect all coax connections from that amp, I still measure a short on more than one cable (I would have expected a short only on the feed from the roof antenna).
G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:11 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man View Post
In my current case, related to the coax connectivity. Appears to be some sort of splitter (not related to the RF amp behind the dual coax plate) in the wall. I say that because when I disconnect all coax connections from that amp, I still measure a short on more than one cable (I would have expected a short only on the feed from the roof antenna).
I didn't keep the picture. Here's link to what I think it was, but more detail.

http://www.modmyrv.com/2008/06/17/rv...cable-rewiring

The short answer is there is probably a splitter at another outlet or in the wall or ceiling?

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 05-04-2015, 12:05 PM   #68
XLR Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Rider View Post
Yes, took delivery a few months ago, I havent had a chance due to work and the weather to take it out.

I have done all I can do with my average electrical skills. Since FR changes the wiring color scheme it is hard to trace.

I have a brown/white wire coming off the fuse panel and a purple/white wire on the switch. There is no brown/white anywhere else in the wiring spaghetti behind the panel.

The thing that still bugs me is why the red led isnt on when I pull the fuse opening the circuit.

I guess I didnt clarify on my front panel, I have several rocker switches, some lighted, some not. I have a vacant spot for a tank heater as well.

Here is a pic of the panel, I know it's blurry but the flood and step switches are the two top right red switches
The brown wire runs from the DP to the switch in the garage. It loops at the garage switch and tails at the flood lights. It also provides power for your furnace.
Switches in the garage should be
Ceiling fan
flood lights
Off door side flood
Ceiling lights.
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, wiring