Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungabunga
I am going on 6 months with the black stains on carpet as well and waiting 3 months now for them to replace a broken leaf spring ......... still no word that the parts are in....... I can drive downtown and at the worst order a leaf spring and in a week have it I don't know how it takes over 3 months to order them in.??

Customer Service is not even there.....
Have you been in contact with Diane Daly in the XLR warranty department?
Guest6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyff1481
We still have 3 issues not resolved.
1. Mattress
2. Non working light over bed
3. Black stains on the tan carpet from slide out.

It has now been 6 months and Forest River has not resolved the problems. Now you all know what to expect from Forest River....

Ladyff1481 - what is your mattress and non working light issue that is yet to be resolved?
Guest6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailertrash78 View Post
Have you been in contact with Diane Daly in the XLR warranty department?
I email her every week to try and get a answer. Get many replies but nothing happening yet. Maybe time to sell and buy a different brand.
ungabunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #24
XLR Production

Has the dealer tried to fix the light. Most of the time it is just a loose wire or bad light. Have your dealer take a picture of your mattress with a straight edge showing the dip and have them order a replacement. The black lines in the carpet are from the tape that was used on the edges of the slide floor. They now use a plastic runner in it's place.
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #25

When my big slide is out you can look underneath the outside of it and see the black tape that is leaving the black marks and how it is rubbing off but you can also see how my floor is seperating from the rest of the slide......... Still haven't heard back on this issue from my dealer or my dealer rep. Sent pictures into Diane over 3 months ago haven't got a solid answer as to what they are going to do to fix my problem.
ungabunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #26

If they are using plastic runners it must be something they jst switched to because our trailer is a 2013. The mattress went flat after 8 days. The light, well we have practically given up. Forest River won't fix their problems. I just hope the word gets out to prospective buyers....beware.
ladyff1481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #27
XLR Production

Call Dianne give her the last 6 numbers of your VIN. It's stamped on your hitch. Let her know your dealer is not helping you. Obviously there not if it's been going on this long. Tell her I told you to call. Let's get this resolved and you happy like the way you were when you picked your rig up.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #28

Thanks Bullet but it is Dianne who is not helping as well as 2 dealers (the 1 we purchased from & our local dealer.) We don't know what to do next.
ladyff1481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #29
XLR Production

I talked to Dianne yesterday and showed here this forum. Call her.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:27 AM   #30

Sorry about the long delay I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. Everything was fixed minus the black stain on the carpet, the bed, and the drawer slides. They welded the frame in the front. You probably will not have the issue unless you travel a long distance on rough roads as I did. The dc converter was replaced quickly, but was very annoying to deal with having to charge the batteries every other day. The AC, fridge, and few other things require a 12 volt source. Thanks for asking

Brian Redding
SSG USARMY
XLRViper305V16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #31

Hey guys I've been reading you threads have you guys been getting issues fixed i know it's been awhile since last messages I just ordered a 305v12 2014
MOZDZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #32

Hey Moz,
You will love it, Just when you pick it up, take 3 hours or so checking it out. Less headaches later. We had a few issues but I fixed them.
Plug32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #33

Hey everyone, finally have gotten back on the forum. Been busy ... RV camping! I'm coming up on almost one year with the 305V16. Have some positives and negatives; however, some negatives are subjective. Overall we are happy with the purchase. The RV has been towed approximately 4000 miles and 50 days/nights with a 07 Chevy K2500HD 6.0, NV4500 5-speed transmission, 4.10 rear end ratio, Timbren SES, and Cooper Discoverer H/T LT 265/75/16 (3415# payload) tires combination. To all that is interested in this unit ... it is wonderfully huge. Only one problem ... it is wonderfully huge. If you are not a "driver" this camper needs a medium-duty truck, period! Just saying, ok? No offense. My truck pulls, handles, and stops it fine but I max speed at 60. It would certainly pull it faster but I do not. So, please although I feel comfortable with this combo even in the mountains this is not for the beginner. Get your horse before this cart. This cart is worth it. Currently, I'm looking at getting a medium-duty just because I do not want to wear out my 07 which is an exceptionally good truck but it too has limits. Next post I will describe my experiences with the 305V16. But I honestly want to tell you the horse and cart is essential here.
KaDaIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #34

Hey I'm back. As stated before the 305V16, in our opinion, is a wonderful unit. Will be posting two comments one for positives and one for negatives. A few specs on "Debbie", name of our unit: 12175lbs dry weight, 5.5 generator, electric bed w/walk thru dinette, washer/dryer hookup, 30 gallon fuel tank, vinyl floors (only carpet is directly in front of sofa and as a kick surface going up to the bedroom), and lastly it is "naked". Yeah, really, it is naked. NO DECALS! Ha Ha Ha ... made you look, LOL. Positives: #1) pulls, handles, and stops excellent for its size and capabilities; #2) the garage is wonderful to have, there is "room" need I say more; #3) things work like there are supposed. Had to replace fuel pump for generator, adjust the tension for rear garage door screen, and a new water inlet valve hose connector; but that could happen with any equipment and it's all working fine. Have found the transfer switch to be sensitive but that is a good thing. If a campground power pole box intermittently loses the 'neutral', I have found our unit will not work, period. A function check using generator power and/or changing to a new power pole reveals there is no problem with the unit just the power pole.

2007 Chevy K2500HD, 6.0, 5-speed, 4.10 named "Joe"
2013 XLR 305V16, free to be naked named "Debbie"
Old 07-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #35

Now with a few Negatives: #1) the cabinets are wonderful and articulate a classy appeal even though this is a "toyhauler". We are not all "gear heads" and FR did a great aesthetical job but what about vertically challenged people? The cabinets are hard to reach. This leads me into #2) the diagonal sink placement with the "trash can" provisional hole in countertop and wasted storage place to provide for the trash can. This one can easily be fixed by simply placing sink parallel with trailer and drop the notion of a "trash can provision". If we can buy, tow, and use a toy hauler like this … we can figure out the trash can and the sink, this design just wastes space and hinders cabinet access. #3) the master bed/lift actually came apart. The culprit? Nothing more or less than a law of physics. The lift assist shocks work in such a range of motion that it continuously pushes even when the bed is down, they push perceptively from head of bed to foot of bed. One day while changing clothes I sat on the foot of the bed and the bed took on a life of its own by ripping the front of the bed fascia with bed and pinned me between the bed and wall. I thought I was dreaming and in a gremlins movie; however, after a complete and thorough investigation. I can only pen it as an engineering design issue. I informed my salesperson but decided not to pursue repairs through them. This happened 620 miles away and they would only put it back as was before, only to happen again. So, I disconnected the shocks and slightly redesigned the front because only four wood screws are tasked to hold back or try to hold back the force exerted by the shocks. Now after redesigning, it works better. Yes we do not have the lift assist provision but that's not a problem for us. A simple prop stick works but be assured I will design a workable lift assist. #4) this is a long unit, the lights are wonderful while down the road but have two suggestions on the bottom front corners add turn signal provision. Yes newer trucks have turn signals in mirrors but this would greatly enhance the safety of pulling this unit. I simply tapped off the signal wires and mounted a light in the skirt. #5) there are flood lights for the right front and left rear, but a provision for all four corner would be nice since the water and electric hookups are more to the left front than the rear. #6) the big electric awning is nice; however, if the garage door is primarily used as like with us, there is no awning for it. Suggest have one for back door that is separate from the front. #7) finally the last thing I want to express is there were some scratches, dings, and dents that could have been prevented obviously while manufacturing this unit. Some have been covered while some will be there.

2007 Chevy K2500HD, 6.0, 5-speed, 4.10 named "Joe"
2013 XLR 305V16, yes ... she is naked named "Debbie"
2013: 70 days and more to come.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaDaIdeas View Post
I honestly want to tell you the horse and cart is essential here.
I would not want that beast behind my truck. IMO it is too much for any 2500HD, power is not the issue with my truck it is the truck itself.. it sure is a really nice unit. wife wanted a cyclone but I did not want that weight behind me, but everything has changed because I am getting a DRW 2013 soon

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #37

Hey Plug,
Nice unit. I posted a few things, might help you. I noticed the roof ladder is placed different than ours. Of course, yours is a 14'.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #38

Hey Jevanb,
I could agree more. Our trucks have plenty power even the gas ones if geared correctly.IMO, there are a few favors in my arena; however, I too know the limits and respect them. For that being stated, I too am seriously looking for a bigger truck. My eyes are on the 2013 K3500HD, 6.0, 4.10, reg cab, 137" WB, 60"CA, with no power windows or locks, coth seats, and a vinyl floor. However, can't seem to find the one my wife and I want. The style we want is more in the commercial/fleet line and most dealers want to tell me not show me what we want. Sounds old fashioned but between allergies and rural conditions, it makes sense to us.

KaDaIdeas.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyff1481 View Post
Getting ready to pick up our new 5th wheel. It's a 2013 XLR Viper with a 16' garage. Couldn't find a toy hauler that would fit a full size trike & bike but the Viper should be perfect. Anyone else have the smaller Viper (14' garage) and what do you think of it? What bikes/trikes do you haul in it?
We have a 2012 XLR 395 AMP that has a 14' garage. It holds both our bikes just fine. My husband pulls his Harley Road Glide in first all the way to the front right side (as your looking in) of the garage. Then we pull my Harley Tri-Glide Trike in on the other side, goes in far enough to get the rear wheels up off the dove tail and leaves us room to enter the garage through the living quarters sliding door, as well as enough room to manuver between the bikes. Looked for quite some time to find a toy hauler we really liked that would work. Love this one!!
Sandy H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel