Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #1

xlr 24 switches control?

Does anyone know where I can go to find out what each switch does? I would think its obvious and a few are but a few are still a mystery to me.

I also purchased the extreme package. Is there a place that you turn on tank heaters or do they just heat when the furnace runs?

Sorry, had a horrible walk through experience and could barely understand the guy. The whole dealership experience was bad so I am just trying to find out these things on my own and I am a real newbie at this stuff. Already having issues with AC tripping the breaker.

I don't want to sound too negative. We have been searching for months and I am still just really pleased with the floor plan and how well thought it is.
sponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #2

Hi Sponge, I am new to the XLR 24 also, and I will tell you that I figured a lot of it out on my own and after I figured out what the switches do I marked them. One thing with the air, do you have enough power going to your Toy Hauler? Are you plugged into a 10 amp circuit?
SIBELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I think so. I am at a campsite with I believe 50amp service. I plugged in using the standard power cord that came with it (no adapter). It was fine for the first 2 days. We came back from canoeing and the whole camper was dead with the breaker tripped. Flipped that and things worked again but it happened a second time later so I stopped running air to try and research. It is really hot so it has been coming on a lot.

I really wish companies could make model specific manuals. The generic one included has been a little helpful but not entirely.

There was an issue when I picked up the camper with the water supply and the dealership worked on that. I assume city water connection is where the water should be hooked up if you are using water provided on your site. I have to hook it to the other one that I assume is for filling when you want to use your water pump. I am guessing they switched them around in fixing it. As long as i plug the hose into the lower one it works fine without the water pump on.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
RFK

Hey sponge, I have the extreme weather package on the 27 hfs which may be different but here is the layout of my switches. On the wall in the galley / dinning two switches outside porch light and inside ceiling lights. Down low is the generator start and 12 volt cut off. Next to the stove top is the power switch for the mobile fuel station if equipped. Bathroom wall two switches one for the light one for the heated tanks. Garage area 4 switches 1 ceiling light 2 ceiling vent fan 3 outside porch light 4 outside rear spotlights If you have the mobile fuel station there is another switch outside next to the fuel gauge one quick tap turns on the fuel pump two quick tap turns it off Hope this gets ya heading in the right direction. These forums saved my bacon more then once and I believe one of my first questions was the switches too
2007 Harley Electra Glide Classic
:iwo
RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
RFK

And of course. One more switch. Outside at the water heater. You can run that on propane or electric. The electric side takes a bit longer to heat up though. I use the gas for the initial warm up and showers and the electric to maintain. Making sure there is water in the heater I just leave the electric on and turn the gas on from inside when needed Also I didn't mention the inside water heater and pump switches as they were marked in my unit
Old 08-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #6

Thanks so much rfk! My layout is a bit different. There are 3 switches when you come in, one of which I know is ceiling lights. Around the corner by the water pump and heater there are 3 more switches. I know one is the bright halogens on the rear. I think I have a good understanding of the outside switch.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
RFK

Glad to help. Wish I could point you to a better resource for an electrical layout.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #8

Did you ever figure out all of your switches Sponge?
Spiker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #9

I did not, unfortunately. I am going out again this weekend and will try and figure it out again. There are 3 switches by the dinette and I know one controls the halogen spotlights outside by the ramp. No idea what the other two do.

I know on the side by the door that one controls all ceiling lights and one controls the awning LED's...still no idea what the third one does.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #10

We have 2013 24HFS the three switches next to refrigerator: The one on the left is for the rear outside lights, the center is for the fuel station, the right one is for the heated tanks.
Bpenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #11

BPenn that is incredibly helpful!!! Thank you! So I flip the right one in cold weather to heat the tanks and it can stay on continuously?
Old 09-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #12

The third switch by your door is probably the amber light right outside the man door. I didn't have all the other switches you have, but don't you think they could have put one in the bathroom for the lights.......my wife had a hard time reaching to turn on the lights!
Spiker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge View Post
BPenn that is incredibly helpful!!! Thank you! So I flip the right one in cold weather to heat the tanks and it can stay on continuously?
I am not sure about if they can stay on continuously but I would not see why they could not. We have been out 5 nights in it so far and really like it.
Bpenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #14

Thanks to both of you...really helpful. Yes, totally agree on the bathroom switch. I ended up putting an LED light on the medicine cabinet and just leave it on after dark.

Thanks on the heater feedback. I am used to campers that vent the furnace to the tanks to keep them from freezing but I have no experience with an active switch for a tank heater. I am just trying to understand when I would engage it and what it does I guess.