Old 12-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitemx15 View Post
I've been looking at the "Bolt it on", which appears to be the best possible solution for me. Any other ideas?
I'm using "bolt it on" but I'm not using the anchor points in the trailer. I moved it forward as far as I could and drilled/bolted it into the floor with some threaded stock/washers (basically as far as I can without it interfering with the black water tank).

I've been able to fit 3 full size dirtbikes and 2 minis at the same time. Also, was able to put in my sport bike. Only issue has been the cost, but it's been worth it for the flexibility and how secure it holds them down.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #12

or maybe different wheels with bigger offset

Old 01-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #13

I am glad to share that FR has again covered the axle problem with my trailer. they claim they sent the wrong axles. they are now sending wider axles that are supposed to be the right width. As aggrevated as I am with my trailer, it is at least good to know they are going to try and get it right.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #14

MxRacer78,
Glad to hear they stepped up. I've been following this thread as this spring my riding buddy and I are going to put our big adventure bikes in the back and head to Moab. Will probably get some wheel docks from Harbor Freight to lock them in in addition to the four point tie downs. My riding buddy was a craftmaster on a Landing Craft Air Cushion so if anyone should know about load storage and balance, I figure he would know.

Bikepsych
Old 01-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #15

Rub

MX, did the wider axles they provided solve the rubbing problem. I was looking to buy one of these, but not if tires are rubbing, that is ridiculous in my opinion. So is using wheel spacers etc, as this impacts load rating right away.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #16

The wider axles have seemed to cure the problem. I have not towed it loaded yet but the bigger axles also make it sit higher. I think at this time the problem has been fixed. Although it has taken some time I am glad they stepped up and fixed the problem.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #17

does anybody have contact number for FR to talk to somebody about my axles, the dealer here is giving me the run around. There the #3500 and rubbing with only 800lbs in back and tanks empty.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #18

My last contact directly with Forest River warranty dept. was Chad Sage, csage@forestriverinc.com I have a phone no. in the trailer and can get it later if you need it.

My 3500# axles were replaced with 4400# by FR but I went through my dealer, RV Wholesalers and they handled everything with FR for me. I haven't towed it loaded yet but it looks much better sitting empty. Will see how it does in about a month.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #19

The contact I have is Diane Daily 574-975-0292. It is very difficult to contact her. My situation was like Rotech's. I dealt with Hometown RV in Beckley WV and they took care of everything.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #20

Just as a follow up, my buddy and I took our large adventure bikes to Moab from SoCal. We were probably right at the weight limit although I did not weigh it. Each bike weighs a good 600 pounds (KTM 990 and BMW R1200GSA). It was about 700 miles one way and the tires didn't rub at all. Mine is a 2012 27HFS. I did notice that the new 2014 27HFS has increased the GCWR to right at 10000 pounds. Not sure how they did that. I'm guessing upgraded axles.

I purchased mine in October of 2012 so they may have resolved the axle issue by then. That does make one wonder about the tolerances and inspection system at the factory if they send out units with tires rubbing. Shouldn't that be one of the checks at the factory? Take the trailer out and put some weight on it and tow it around a track with bumps to see if it works right? Things that make you say Hmmmm?

Bruce

Tags
axle