Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #1

XLR 27HFS-EP verses Raptor 27FS

We were really focused in on the FR XLR 27HFS-EP w/15K AC. I found the Keystone Raptor 27FS which seems to be the same floorplan. Has anyone shopped both of these trailers? Any recommendations/concerns? I don't have a local dealer that carries either of them. The closest is a 3 hour ride. Thanks for your knowledge
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #2

Have always heard horror stories from people about Raptor's. I had a Keystone travel trailer before, not impressed at all with the quality, no longer have it.
Superdutykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. This is going to be our first camper, so we don't know much about them except what we have read. I did notice that the Keystone has higher rated axles & E rated tires. I also like Keystones "command center" approach to coach controls, such as generator, fuel level, tank levels, etc.

It seems goofy to me that the XLR 27HFS has the gen controls on the wall near the floor. The battery disconnect is also in the same location. I'm 6Ft and from the pictures I would have to stand on my head to read generator hours. It does kinda make sense that they have the tank level meter in the bathroom. Not sure where you would find out how much fuel the generator has left unless it is outside at the fuel pumping station.

Does anyone that owns a XLR27HFS have comments on the above?
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #4

Nailz and all,
Don't have a generator. Although I don't find the location for the battery disconnect disconcerting, other than always worrying that I'll kick it. I anticipate I'll get a generator and simply store it on the front rack.
BG