Old 11-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
XLR 27HFS water pump

I'm having some issues with the water pump on my 2012 XLR 27HFS. I've filled the water holding tank and turned all the levers to the appropriate (I think!) position. I turn on the water pump, it runs for a while, shuts off for about a minute and starts again. It cycles continuously for as long as I can stand it. It seems like it can't maintain pressure.

Any thoughts?

waterlover63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Check for leaks at all taps and drains. Pump will shut off when system is pressurized and will turn on if it drops. Especially look at outside faucet and hot water heater drain.

dparkpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:59 AM   #3
water pump

I'm new to the forum but bought a 2012, 27HFS last May. I fought the same issue for a week before finding what was wrong. The water pump under the front bed had a small water filter that was loose. After I hand tightened it.... it built up pressure and kicked off just like it's supposed to. Hope this helps.
Happy camping.
abanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
Same problem I had, tightened the filter ... problem solved.
Steve38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
I had a similar problem with our water pump in our old trailer the day we picked it up. Turns out the pump had picked up some plastic from the tank when they drilled the holes. The small plastic but got caught up inside the pump and it couldn't maintain pressure. Just another thing to check for besides leaks.

Whiskeyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
We just got home from our 1st trip and had the same problem with the water pump. I will have my husband check out the filter. Thanks for the tip.

2012 XLR Hyperlite 27HFS
2010 Ford F250
2010 Harley-Davidson Softail Custom
kathys85 is offline   Reply With Quote