Old 10-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkchriston View Post
What are 3 season doors. Do you mean the slider ones in the garage for when you have the deck out. I only have the screen on mine.

Danny296 - thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to go with a second battery too. Did you purchase a battery box with a vent and just install it in the battery hole on the drivers side compartment. I wish I would have done it at the time of purchase but oh well. I was going to do pretty much what you did with the cable routing. So it seems like you ran the batteries in parallel....sort of. Power (+) from converter to 1st battery (+), then a jumper cable from 1st battery (+) to second battery (+), but ground both battery (-) right to the chassis. Is that correct? Just want to make sure that by grounding each battery (-) to the chassis still gets you a parallel setup for even charging and draining. Usually to complete the circuit on the (-) I would run jumper cable from battery 1(-) to battery 2 (-), then run wire from battery 2 (-) to ground on chassis. I'm pretty sure that your set-up works the same and eliminates the need to run a 2nd long grounding cable from battery 1 to battery 2. Just curious if you or someone with more knowledge than me can confirm this. Again thanks for your reply
Doing it like that will work just fine. Either way, battery to battery or both to frame they share the ground. Makes it easier to do, so why not? Did the same in mine.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:22 AM   #12

I would run a second long cable to back to the main location on the door side while you're at it. Then, if ever you want to go with 6V batteries, you are set up for a series connection. I have two Lifeline 6V AGM batteries in mine wired this way. It's a great setup and being AGM you don't need the vents either.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #13

Do youse guys adding batteries have to do anything regarding keeping both batteries charged?
Old 11-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #14

Depends on how much you use them . the batteries will stay charged with the TV or while hooked up the shore power . when dry docked and drain the batteries down i hook up to my generator and charge them . you can charge them both at the same time , it will just take longer the more batteries you have . I have 4 and from 50% charge to full about 24 hrs at 10amps .the 4th battery also doubles as my trolling motor battery when not use buy the Th
Old 11-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post
Do youse guys adding batteries have to do anything regarding keeping both batteries charged?
Some charger/converter units have an adjustment for battery capacity (number of amp hours). Check the documentation on yours.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post

Nope, my solar keeps them charged on a daily basis, my TV while towing, and my converter keeps them charged while plugged in. Same as with one.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:24 AM   #17

The converter / charger is a poor way to charge BTW. Takes forever and a day; the boost voltage is too low and drops down too soon. However IOTA makes some that work. When on shore power, I use a 50 amp charger (direct to batteries) which I can also use with the Honda 2000 genny when none is available. When I go solar, I'll use an inverter / charger and unplug the converter. Typical converters with multi-stage chargers are for people that rarely are without shore power and do little or no boon docking.
WW
Old 11-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #18

I meant to say dry camp not boon dock.. And for short durations

Tags
battery, xlr