Old 04-29-2019, 02:05 PM   #1

XLR 340AMP with FlexAir Pinbox

I have the 340amp (max weight 16500) and I'm looking at upgrading the Pin Box to a Flex Air. I checked with the dealer, who then checked with Forest River and they stated to make sure and use the 21k lb and not the 18k lb. I of course asked why and they stated that as with the Flex Air the trailer tows differently it requires the 21k.

Does anyone have any experience with this as to why?

taylorjw0831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:18 PM   #2

Pin Box

I installed the Flex Air on my camper as well. I was never told about the 18,000 vs the 21,000. I would have went with the 21,000 just because I always rather have a little more than less. I love mine not troubles at all. Your cost should be in the range of $800 or so. I instaled mine myself. I also installed Air Lift on truck as well. No looking back on my part. When I loaded my camper like I was going to dry dock. With fuel, LP, Water, Food, and stuff you need I was maxed right to the number. I've got a 2018 Duramax and with camper weighed right at 25,300 pound. My camper was right at 15,000. So going with the 21,000 Trail Air will not be a bad choice. Camp on my friend.
Tim Coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr