Old 05-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JlpLhp View Post
The weather package is a $2100 upgrade. Was not charged for it. There is no upgrade for the walls. Dual pane windows go up from R-1 to R-2. That's nothing. They r doing this at no charge. I'm ok with that.
But the dual pane windows are no where near as drafty as single pane,dual pane windows are comfortable to sit next to on a cold breezy day.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisfactory View Post
But the dual pane windows are no where near as drafty as single pane,dual pane windows are comfortable to sit next to on a cold breezy day.
I've heard that too, but I have no experience to back it up. I did, however, talk to a factory rep about dual pane windows. He actually told me not to waste my money on them. He said eventually, due to all the movement, they develop leaks and fog up between the panes. I can believe that because my low energy, dual pane house windows are starting to do that after 13 years.

I'm not going to stress over dual pane windows if we can't find a used toy hauler with them. I am quite handy with a sewing machine, and have an idea for making my own insulated panels for over the windows. They may end up insulating even more effectively than dual panes of glass. They will be secured against the window frames for sealing.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

We have the 2012 XLR 35x12. It is an all season rig but does not have the Arctic Pack which would have been the better insulation and the dual pane windows etc. we are living in it currently while we build a home in the country. We stayed nice and warm during the winter, but I did have to roll up lightweight blankets and place them around the floor of the party dinette to keep the draft out, plus I did that around the top of the couch under the windows.

We don't have the bathroom in the man cave but I would recommend it as it does come in handy when you have company!

We added an air conditioner to the bedroom which I would recommend as well. Some folks add one to the man cave but I didn't think about it when we bought ours. It has been up to 90 degrees already, and the main air conditioner kept the man cave very cool.

During the winter we used space heaters to save on propane, along with the fireplace! One in the man cave, one in the coach, and one on the nightstand. This summer. I have Alan on the nightstand and one in the coach. I will get one for the man cave just for comfort there so when company sleeps there and they have the door shut, it will keep it much nicer for them.
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Oops I hit send before I was done! I just wanted to say we love this RV!! It is just me and my DH. If you have kids, you may want the floorplan that does not have the island as it will give you more room to walk around. We too use the man cave as a 'den' and I love it! It is amazingly quiet back there!

My DH is in the process of adding two chocks. We are adding three sets of hardware, two on the sides that will allow us to haul two Harley's, and one set will go in the middle for when we are only hauling one bike. The hardware remains in the floor, and allows us to remove the chocks so that the carpet will lay flat when the bike is removed.

Oh I also wish I would have gotten the party deck, but the DH did not want it.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Oops I hit send before I was done! I just wanted to say we love this RV!! It is just me and my DH. If you have kids, you may want the floorplan that does not have the island as it will give you more room to walk around. We too use the man cave as a 'den' and I love it! It is amazingly quiet back there!

Oh I also wish I would have gotten the party deck, but the DH did not want it.
Thank you so much for your comments, RVChick! This is invaluable feedback as I try to narrow down the best possible choices for us.

We do have 2 kids, plus we will have guests at times, so you've confirmed my insistence upon the second bath.

About the island in the kitchen - the bummer is that these toy hauler kitchens tend to be so small as it is. I despise what I call the "one wall kitchen," because there is hardly any counter top space, but I see what you are saying regarding room to move around. I don't want us to feel like sardines in a can at all. I wish all toy hauler manufacturers would offer these in the kitchens: an inset stove with fold-away counter top so the space doubles as counter top when not used as a stove; offer a small movable island in conjunction with the "one wall kitchen"; offer a pull out cabinet that has a counter top. These things would help with counter top space immensely!

I envision us using the garage in the same way - as a common area/den, which is why I value the toy hauler vs. a regular fifth wheel. The party deck is a must for us, as well. I believe they make after market party deck kits if your hubby changes his mind.

The only toy haulers on my list must have the utmost of insulation values. Today I removed the Keystone toy haulers from my list after watching this particular video: . ETA: I am currently trying to find out if this particular Fuzion had the Blizzard package or not, as I'm not sure if the upgraded insulation was standard or an option. If this one did have the Blizzard Package (R-31), it's off our list. That would leave us with the XLR, Voltage, Cyclone and Road Warrior in that particular order.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with you on the kitchen, and the island in this floor plan does give me lots of countertop. When the tables are not attached, there is plenty of room to walk around. I chose this floor plan because it has the loft stairs (which the grandkids love) and I preferred the single door vs the slider to the garage. Because of the loft stairs, they have the outdoor refrigerator which has been very useful! The sink area is also amazing for extra counter as well, and when washing dishes, the large sink is perfect!

I did add the foam toppers to all the beds because they aren't real comfy as is, plus the extra topper makes the sheets fit a bit nicer. We haven't used the blow up mattress yet so I don't know how well it sleeps.

Good luck in your search for the perfect toy hauler!! Let us know what you find!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #27

I agree about the main air keeping the man cave cool. It really does. There is no enclosed underbelly under it either. Ceramic heaters help a lot. My wife added some 84'' curtains across the back of the man cave to hide the railings and floor of the deck. Looks good.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #28

You also get extra counter space with a large cutting board on top of the stove. My wife likes lots if counter tips. She does well in our TH.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I agree about the main air keeping the man cave cool. It really does. There is no enclosed underbelly under it either. Ceramic heaters help a lot. My wife added some 84'' curtains across the back of the man cave to hide the railings and floor of the deck. Looks good.
That is a great idea with the curtains! Our doors have the tinted bevelled glass and the pull down shades. I think I saw where they are frosting the windows on the doors now.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
You also get extra counter space with a large cutting board on top of the stove. My wife likes lots if counter tips. She does well in our TH.
The cutting board is a great idea! I have to use a small one but it fits perfect on the island.