Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2017, 03:53 PM   #1

XLR Boost 31QB - looking to purchase!!!

First post here for this guy! Does anyone out there own an XLR Boost 31QB? I love the layout and the garage is big enough for my sxs.

What are the likes/dislikes of this toy hauler?

What was your out the door purchase price?

Not sure I like the fact that it has a 50 gallon fresh water tank but 76 gallon black tank... I do like the 1/2 bath!
Ohio32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #2

I can't answer your model-specific questions, but I wouldn't worry about the 50 gal FW an the 76 gal black--the bigger the better for the black tank. Unless you're going to be boondocking for a week, 50 gal FW is plenty. And if you're at a CG with hookups, you're really good to go...
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
I can't answer your model-specific questions, but I wouldn't worry about the 50 gal FW an the 76 gal black--the bigger the better for the black tank. Unless you're going to be boondocking for a week, 50 gal FW is plenty. And if you're at a CG with hookups, you're really good to go...
Thanks! My wife and I are extended weekend warriors so the 50 gal tank shouldn't be an issue.

I'm still curious what people have been paying for this particular model out the door. Trying to work out a best price with a few dealerships now.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:50 AM   #4

Like Tarawanderer I have no experience with this model. The Boost lineup is fairly new and not many forum members have them. Looking at the model on the FR site, I can only comment based on FR site and photos. First impression is the size and weight. That my friend is a huge towable (39'3" and 13,400#+ gross)... In fact, it is as long as many much more capable, and easier to tow (I might add), 5th wheel models available... granted, more expensive 5th wheels. It will require a lot of truck. It will not fit in may campsites, typically National Parks ... some state parks, as well. But, this might not be an issue where you camp. After towing a 4 foot shorter TH, I would have to desperately need a 12' plus garage to consider it. I would have to have a 5th wheel TH at this length. IMO, the tow vehicle necessary is a 1-ton and maybe a dually to control the inevitable sway you will incur, but a Hensley or Propride would make a world of difference... something to consider.

Also, I would look at RV Wholesalers, or a dealer than can match their price. Keep in mind they are not selling you a unit at wholesale, but they saved me about $7K on a unit with MSRP about the same as the one you are looking at.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Like Tarawanderer I have no experience with this model. The Boost lineup is fairly new and not many forum members have them. Looking at the model on the FR site, I can only comment based on FR site and photos. First impression is the size and weight. That my friend is a huge towable (39'3" and 13,400#+ gross)... In fact, it is as long as many much more capable, and easier to tow (I might add), 5th wheel models available... granted, more expensive 5th wheels. It will require a lot of truck. It will not fit in may campsites, typically National Parks ... some state parks, as well. But, this might not be an issue where you camp. After towing a 4 foot shorter TH, I would have to desperately need a 12' plus garage to consider it. I would have to have a 5th wheel TH at this length. IMO, the tow vehicle necessary is a 1-ton and maybe a dually to control the inevitable sway you will incur, but a Hensley or Propride would make a world of difference... something to consider.

Also, I would look at RV Wholesalers, or a dealer than can match their price. Keep in mind they are not selling you a unit at wholesale, but they saved me about $7K on a unit with MSRP about the same as the one you are looking at.
WW

Thanks for the great info! I plan on towing with a 2500HD with a good WD hitch. I won't be loading it to 13k. Length is something I'll need to consider but I won't be staying at any national parks. If I could find a good 5th wheel in that price range I'd probably go that route.

Still trying to get good pricing on this unit. Best I can find so far is 30k out the door. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2017, 01:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio32 View Post
Thanks for the great info! I plan on towing with a 2500HD with a good WD hitch. I won't be loading it to 13k. Length is something I'll need to consider but I won't be staying at any national parks. If I could find a good 5th wheel in that price range I'd probably go that route.

Still trying to get good pricing on this unit. Best I can find so far is 30k out the door. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks!
Just for reference, that boost looks similar to my Cherokee 25pack12, minus the half bath and mine only has 1 slide out. Mine has a 12 foot garage. I paid just under 28 last year for mine, which included adding on the sofa, which was a $1,200 option, the party deck (another $1,200 or so), heavy duty garage floor, and a 15K A/C instead of 13.5.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr