Old 12-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #1

XLR Nitro 24FQSL

Hi There,

New to the forum and hoping to get some great information and insight from everyone.

Looking to upgrade to a toy hauler from my current travel trailer. Iíve been doing research for over a year and I have come to the conclusion that no one makes exactly what I am looking for in a floor plan with the equipment I would like to have. Itís very frustrating because whatever I get I am going to keep for a very long time. Donít want to be trading every couple years. With that said, the toy hauler at the top of my list is the XLR Nitro 24FQSL. The floorplan and features are very close to what I am looking for. Anyone have the unit and would like to share your experiences with it? Or anyone else shopping the same model?

This model intrigues me because it seems to be fairly roomy and tall (Iím 6í2Ē so height is important), tank sizes seem adequate (92 gal fresh, 52 gal gray, and 32 gal black), length is good because I donít want anything too long, hitch weight (650 lbs.) isnít much more than my current unit, dry weight is fairly light, and I love that it has a separate front bedroom with a side aisle bath. If I decide to go with this unit I will be ordering one since the dealer near me doesnít have one in stock with the options I prefer. I would be ordering it with the N.O.S. Package, Extreme Weather Package, Single Electric Bed in back, and one side sofa with the 2 chairs opposing. And I have already been looking into some minor modifications to add more counter space (Smaller 18Ē wide single bowl sink with solid surface countertop and there is room to overhang the counter a bit toward the rear sofa). What is it with these RV manufacturers putting these larger double bowl sinks in these units eating up what little counter space is already there?

I will be towing it with a 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab with the Hemi, 8 speed tranny, and 3.92 rear end so my max tow capacity is 10,150 lbs. Plan on upgrading to a 3/4 ton diesel in a couple years but the half ton will have to do for now.

I am also looking at these other models as well:
Sandstorm 210SLC
Stealth WA2313
Vengeance 25V
Grey Wolf 26RR

Anyway, sorry so long winded but any information or insight you may have would be great.

Cheers!

Old 12-31-2014, 12:17 AM   #2

Are you talking about putting the sofa on one side of the garage? What are you planning to haul in there? I opted to skip the sofa(s) in the garage because it takes up a lot of space.

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:13 AM   #3

I would be ordering it with a single sofa on the kitchen side and the 2 "Euro" chairs on the other side with the single electric bed overhead. I see no need to have the 2 opposing sofas. Still deciding what I want to get to haul in it. Going between either a couple motorcycles or a 2 seater side by side. For now it will just be a kayaks and mountain bikes. Want to buy the toy hauler first before getting the toy(s) to put in it. I like the Nitro 24FQ because of it's size and features (love that you can get the ramp patio) but I know nothing about them as far as quality and durability.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:27 AM   #4

I have a 203slc that is very similar to the 210. That being said we love our sandstorm it s a 2012 model and has been a great toy hauler. I put a honda pioneer in mine which is all it can handle as for the width limits me to a 60 inch machine. I pull mine with a 5.7 tundra with a the hauler weighing at 7000 fully loaded. You will probably be heavier but your hemi can handle it.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #5

Might want to check the XLR 27 HFS.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:22 PM   #6

And if you're thinking of a side by side, you might want to skip the sofa in the garage entirely. Or at least measure first. A lot.

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr