Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2016, 09:52 PM   #41

Congrats on the new Nitro MrDon... man that thing is tall.
Don't let 4 feet of snow stop you from camping
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:02 AM   #42

Congrats. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours. If it didn't come with it, please consider the 3 season door for your garage. I bought and installed ours myself. It will greatly increase how much fun you will have with your garage area and deck. Bet you can't wait to get it out.
Tireguy397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:14 PM   #43

Congrats! Is that at Couch's. We love our 31fqsl.

Jeff

-2016 XLR Nitro 31 FQSL
-2006 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax LBZ
Mainous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:39 PM   #44

Bought from Couch's, this thing is a lot bigger/heavier/taller than my 27HFS, getting close to FW size.
mrdon003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:44 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireguy397 View Post
Congrats. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours. If it didn't come with it, please consider the 3 season door for your garage. I bought and installed ours myself. It will greatly increase how much fun you will have with your garage area and deck. Bet you can't wait to get it out.
Didn't get the 3 season doors or deck kit, we used ours more for a garage setup(wheel chocks, tools, tires, bikes).
Old 01-25-2016, 10:51 PM   #46

Can't wait till the snow melts so I can start to put everything from last camper back in this one, You don't really know how much stuff you have in an RV until you have to unload it all to sell
Old 01-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdon003 View Post
Can't wait till the snow melts so I can start to put everything from last camper back in this one, You don't really know how much stuff you have in an RV until you have to unload it all to sell
X2

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 01-31-2016, 07:45 PM   #48

Nitro 31FSQL owners do you guys know what this is use for, it was under my stove in the drawer. Its glass plate with a plastic bracket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160131_163007.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	98702   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160131_162929.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	98703  
Old 01-31-2016, 07:47 PM   #49

TV stand that wasn't used due to wall mounting?
Karl4Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:50 PM   #50

Thanks, I see it now.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:16 PM   #51

Attention 31'ers, I put a 1,000 miles on mine empty#9500 and loaded#12,500, the trailer sways some both empty and loaded. My question is, do you guys with 31's have some sway, it almost fills like its pushing the rear of my truck around.
The truck and trailer are both level. I have tried to move weight in trailer around, tighten and loosen WD hitch, tighten and loosen sway control but I guess that this is probably normal because of size of trailer.

I have a Dodge Cummins 3500 DRW with factory rear auto leveling airbags and 15K Weight Distribution w/ sway control on one side.

I was debating on getting a second sway control bar or tighten up the one I have even more next time out and getting trailer weighed too, maybe add some more weight toward front, adds some tire pressure to trucks rear.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:45 AM   #52

What type of wdh and sway control are you using?

I'm using the Reese dual cam sway bar with significantly less truck than you with no problems. I am only towing in flat terrain Florida though.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:47 AM   #53

Here's the wdh with sway control that I'm using. https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Dist...e/RP66130.html

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #54

I have the same truck, without the airbags. I use the timbrens instead.

I have a different hitch though. I use the propride. As long as I don't crank the WD up too much, which takes more weight off the rear of the truck, I don't have any sway issues. I do find that if I use too much WD it can actually give me just a tiny bot of sway. I can't really feel it, but if I watch really closely I can see it.

Maybe you need to dial in the weight distribution? I'm far from being an expert though.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:05 PM   #55

I believe mine is this :
Curt Weight Distribution System with Sway Control - Trunnion Bar - 15,000 lbs GTW, 1,500 lbs TW

I had a thought of maybe air bags and WDH aren't working great together. First time using air bags.
I have a few more things to try on next trip, the sway isn't real bad but hoping I can make it better.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:12 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAndJane View Post
I have the same truck, without the airbags. I use the timbrens instead.

I have a different hitch though. I use the propride. As long as I don't crank the WD up too much, which takes more weight off the rear of the truck, I don't have any sway issues. I do find that if I use too much WD it can actually give me just a tiny bot of sway. I can't really feel it, but if I watch really closely I can see it.

Maybe you need to dial in the weight distribution? I'm far from being an expert though.
That was my thought to, the rear of truck felt light so I loosen the WDH one link and it made it sway little worst. That's why I had a thought that the air bags and WDH are working against each other. Next trip I have a few thing to try out.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:40 AM   #57

It is the weight on the bars that also function to give you sway control, if you then take weight off with air bags, you negate the function of WDH;and on these models, you could completely lose sway control. You want as much tension on the bars as you can get, and the maximum weight distributed / shifted as possible while getting the weight back onto the TVs front axle and while keeping the trailer in a slightly nose down attitude.

Try setting the ball height on the hitch level or slightly lower than the hitch height on the level trailer and let it squat the truck all it can. Then using the bar tension get the TV front height the same as it was before the trailer was dropped on. And do not add air bag pressure while towing.

Another things on these models is the length of the cam bars most be "nut" on straight. If slight off it will push and pull, left and right causing the TV front to "hunt", like it does on a badly grooved road. Also, do not grease the cams. I go to a big parking lot... loosen the retaining nut and adjustment nuts; pull straight ahead for a nice disance and stop gracefully. Then get out and tighten the nuts.

I have towed 5 year and nearly 20K miles and I am tired of it and going to the Andersen (#3380 in my case).
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 03-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
It is the weight on the bars that also function to give you sway control, if you then take weight off with air bags, you negate the function of WDH;and on these models, you could completely lose sway control. You want as much tension on the bars as you can get, and the maximum weight distributed / shifted as possible while getting the weight back onto the TVs front axle and while keeping the trailer in a slightly nose down attitude.

Try setting the ball height on the hitch level or slightly lower than the hitch height on the level trailer and let it squat the truck all it can. Then using the bar tension get the TV front height the same as it was before the trailer was dropped on. And do not add air bag pressure while towing.

Another things on these models is the length of the cam bars most be "nut" on straight. If slight off it will push and pull, left and right causing the TV front to "hunt", like it does on a badly grooved road. Also, do not grease the cams. I go to a big parking lot... loosen the retaining nut and adjustment nuts; pull straight ahead for a nice disance and stop gracefully. Then get out and tighten the nuts.

I have towed 5 year and nearly 20K miles and I am tired of it and going to the Andersen (#3380 in my case).
WW
Right now my truck squats about 3inch below level with trailer hooked then the air bags fill automatic after 20 sec back to level, I have no control over air bags its factory set.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:32 PM   #59

It shouldn't auto Level with key off right? Set trailer in the ball. Add WDH - tension bars. This should bring it to near level then let the auto level / air bags do its thing, but after WDH is set.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 03-28-2016, 09:29 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
It shouldn't auto Level with key off right? Set trailer in the ball. Add WDH - tension bars. This should bring it to near level then let the auto level / air bags do its thing, but after WDH is set.
WW
I have tried that before, still same.
I'm going try dropping hitch ball down one notch then hook everything back up and adjust. It will be a couple weeks before I try it thou.

Tags
xlr