Old 03-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #11

Temptation won and the order/deposit was placed yesterday so in 8 short weeks I'll be an XLR owner too. Anyone have some advise on a WDH setup for the v-nose vipers? Local dealer wants a mint for a weld-on unit but I have heard or others just flipping the brackets...and they recommend the electric tongue jack to assist with setting the chains.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #12

I have a 2011 XLR 35x10 which we love.We had a few problems with the kitchen slide, hopefully its fixed! we have not had it out camping yet. The slide leaked and struggled going in and out so they adjusted and put plastic runners on the bottom of the slide because the rollers were damaging the underside of the slide, also the large slide leaked. They had to replace the side trim on the inside because it swelled badly. hopefully no problems this year. I purchased this trailer in the USA and had a bit of an issue finding someone to look at it?
I'm in Canada

Old 03-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #13

WDH for XLR

Popik - as far as the WDH for the XLR units...

We have a 29MBV on order and I asked many of the dealers that I contacted when deciding where to purchase, and all recommended the equal-i-zer brand hitch. I worked a 14,000 hitch to be installed into my deal since the tongue weight of this unit is pretty heavy. Based on internet surfing, it seems to be a popular choice.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #14

We ordered our 386X12 on Feb 22 and were told the delivery would be in 6 - 8 weeks. We have now been told that delivery will be May7. That's almost 11 weeks!

You will be very lucky if it shows up in 8 weeks!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #15

well i guess i'll have to keep my fingers crossed then...i need the trailer end of May for WSBK in Utah
Old 04-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #16

We have a 29CKV and have been happy so far. You're right, you need an electric tongue jack. We had the dealer throw it in and dual batteries. I don't use a WDH on my 2500HD DuraMax, I do have air bags. Trailer tows great both loaded and unloaded. Only complaints so far are the 'D' rated tires; they should be 'E' rated and they were mfg in 2007. Also had a couple of brakes needing replacement; one was hanging up. Very Happy with the quality and fit/finish.
rcpd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickfox View Post
We ordered our 386X12 on Feb 22 and were told the delivery would be in 6 - 8 weeks. We have now been told that delivery will be May7. That's almost 11 weeks!

You will be very lucky if it shows up in 8 weeks!

I still haven't heard a definite build date for mine yet...everything is still tentative unfortunately.

I did however spend a couple hours walking the local RV lots and browsing the XLR's on one lots and comparing them to the Raptors at the lots next door. I without a doubt have no regrets with my choice of the XLR...besides the build quality the floor plans just have a more welcoming and livable feeling to them. I found the Raptors to be stuffy and cheap.

There was a new 386X12 on the lots so i spent some time in there having not looked at the XLR 5'ers before and from what i can tell you will be happy even with the wait once it shows up...very nice unit.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #18

After lots of research we ordered a 300x12 and took delivery of it up in Ohio. Pulled it back to Texas and we are headed out Friday to deep South Texas for our first outing.
txwpd103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #19

So i got confirmation now that my trailer will be coming of the line next week and ready the first week of May. Now i just have to sort out how im going to get it up here...thats a long drive
Old 04-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #20

Delivery Time

Popik,

So you placed your order on 3/16 and expect delivery the first week of May is that correct?

Not too bad - that seems like about a 7 week period to build your unit.

I ordered my XLR on March 25th and we are hoping it will be ready for pickup the first three days in June. We will be near Ohio that week and would love to get it then.

Let us know how the PDI and pickup process goes.

Enjoy and be safe!

Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote