Old 10-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #1

XLR Thunderbolt 300 x 12'

Could someone please provide me information on your experince with owning one of these units. How it tows ( any pogoing because rear axle is 13' 7'' from back of unit ) , what your towing it with, any problems in general? Lots of feed back would be greatly appriciated. As I'm considering buying one. Thank you.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jas1065! We just purchased the XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 last Friday! We bought a 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW.. We drove home with our new RV through rain, pot holes, road construction, traffic, and night time....all in the same 24 hours! This is our first toy hauler, diesel truck, oh and our first long rig! We had a 31ft Class C. After the walkthrough the rep took us out for a few very helpful driving lessons in an empty KMart parking lot! We made it home safe and sound, and she towed beautifully!! This unit is 39' 11". How long is that 300x12?

Old 11-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #3

Thanks RVChick...I would imagine your 5th wheel is a triple axle?? Bu it's nice of you to respond and your having good luck... I like to know that its all good...
Old 11-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Hi again! Sorry for such a long time responding. Yes it is 3, and she towed beautifully!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2281664639.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	21435

Here is a photo I took as we were driving onto our property.
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
Just Love to Camp

Great looking setup. I hope you enjoy yours as much as mine. I will enjoy her more once I get everything fixed. YEP she back in the shop again!!!!

Oh dear Bertha TheLeadSlead (her the campers name) PLEASE COME HOME AND DON'T GO BACK TO THE SHOP ANYMORE AFTER THIS!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Oh no not again! Poor Bertha.....what is wrong with her again? She is a beautiful rig too!!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
Just Love to Camp

Well where to start.

Pillows still fraying (were replaced with the wrong ones)
Now have a soft spot in the middle of the floor that squeeks. No where near any water
Slides dragging again
Hot water heater not working again
Microwave start button starting to short out again(this is on the replacement microwave
Trim coming loose all over
Bathroom vanity rusting.

That is all Got to think postive!!!!!!!!!

You know you have seen the rest of the list from the last let me see 3 times she has been in the shop in less than a year. I could get on hear and rant and rave. Doesn't do me any good but get my blood pressure up. I love the old girl and really just hope this is her last time staying away from home with out me!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #8

Just a thought:

Your microwave start button may not have a short, but the microwave door is not shutting properly and all the way. We had the same problem and our dealer knew how to fix it (refit the microwave so the door is not in any kind of a bind.)
Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I have a service call scheduled for this morning for our microwave. It doesn't close properly and none of the buttons work. You can lightly touch the top of the door and it pops open. Our heat pump for the fireplace arrived yesterday, so waiting on a repairman to do the install on that.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
Just Love to Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by okla21fan View Post
Just a thought:

Your microwave start button may not have a short, but the microwave door is not shutting properly and all the way. We had the same problem and our dealer knew how to fix it (refit the microwave so the door is not in any kind of a bind.)

Door shuts fine. The microwave shorted out in July and was replaced in Aug with the same brand. The start button shorts out. You can actually feel it. It bubbles up on the start button and feels like there is dried food on the button. Thanks anyway.

RVChick. Good luck!!!!! Bertha wasn't ready for pick up Friday but she is supposed to be on Wed. By then I hope her new dress (cover) is in that was customed ordered for her