Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #61

Send a message via Skype™ to NotLookinBack5455
XLR's unite! We are looking forward to riding in that area, never been up that way! Jim has his list of places he wants to see, I'm just going for the ride and to take pictures from the bike! Whoo-Hoo or should I say Ribbit-Ribbit!
NotLookinBack5455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #62
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLookinBack5455 View Post
XLR's unite! We are looking forward to riding in that area, never been up that way! Jim has his list of places he wants to see, I'm just going for the ride and to take pictures from the bike! Whoo-Hoo or should I say Ribbit-Ribbit!
You totally need to join the PPST/C and be a crew member with me! I need more girls!! I too am along for the ride and to take photos! I can be seen with a video in my hand and my still camera on my wrist while I ride!

You too MightyMike we need you too!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #63

We would have too much fun!!! Will look at calendar and talk to my sweetie, we might be able to make that work. Do they still need volunteers?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #64
Phat Phrog

Oh no there is no volunteering for the PPST/C......it is just a bunch of fun loving folks that are creating this fun time in Goshen! If you are a member....the ONLY thing you have to do, is be prepared to have a blast!!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #65

Good Morning!

Just wanted to let you know we are spending our first week in "Maxine"! We are camping with our two Grandsons, Isaac and Ian, they are 10 & 7. I have started organizing my kitchen with the things I have been collecting! I'm just on my first try, lots of room so far. But I'm sure it will fill up fast.

Have you made any decisions on the motorcycle chock yet? Jim is still trying to decide which one he is going to buy.

I have also discovered a couple of things, one being the need for a removable curtain on the patio door to the garage and our shower leaks! We get up at 4:30am, since Jim is working this week, which of course wakes them way up too early for me. We didn't bring down the overhead bed, they brought their sleeping bags and we took down the table, so they fit perfect on the benches once they were folded down. Added a TV and VCR, so they have their own space. We just had it at the dealer to put water to it, guess the missed it, back to the dealer on Saturday.

Last year it was hot and sunny, this year 20 degrees colder and raining, craft day ahead for us and I'm looking for some indoor fun!

Have a great day!

Theresa
Old 03-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #66
Phat Phrog

Good Morning!! I was hoping you would check in on your first trip in Maxine! I can picture you having fun in there!! You are correct on how easy and fast it will be to fill her up! Our shower leaked just a small bit, and we caulked around the glass on the bottom edge, and problem solved. Thank goodness. I am not sure what you mean about the shower curtain......ours has the pull down screen, but we have to place something like weather stripping along the sides of the frame so that the screen doesn't come out of the frame when there is a good breeze. We still have mods to do! As for the chocks, our friend who also has a toy hauler, will send us the info on what he used. It came with all the hardware including the inserts for the bolts. I will be happy to pass that along to you!
As for entertainment, turn on the Electric Slide on Pandora!!
It is great to hear from you! Happy Camping in that new XLR Thunderbolt!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #67
Just Love to Camp

Theresa,
Have fun there lady!!! I really enjoyed pack mine and then of course it not quite in the right place and move it again. I did this several times I set up my camper until it all is where it needs to be.

Our shower leaks also. We have caulked and caulked and it still leaks. So gave up. But always in a different place. It depends on how it wiggled going down the road and how level we are on the site. If that makes sense. Some times we don't leak at all.

Have fun and happy camping!!!!!

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
I wish ours would have had the TV mount in the storage too! I have my mod list started! I do love the rubber type liners. I don't usually have trouble with them, but just like the extra cushion/padding they provide. I even have them in the overhead storage area in the cargo/man cave. I added those shelves I posted earlier, and it provides twice the storage! I keep a lot of Harley gear up there!

MightyMike I see you are going to Goshen this August! Are you bringing your bike? NotLookinBack is going too, and we are both bringing our Harley's. if you do....we would love for you to ride with us! Heck, see if you can get your camping site with us too! We have asked to be set up together!
Sorry, Karen. We aren't going to Goshen, August is still part of our Myrtle Beach trip. Got Memorial day in Va. Beach, a weekend trip with the grandkids in June, and 2 weeks in MB. Then a halloween weekend in Oct. Still trying to figure out where to go in March. Wanted to try Tail of the Dragon in Sept. but not sure how vacation is gonna work out. And then my sons in-laws have been asking me to go to Cedar Point. I don't even want to guess how much fuel I'm gonna buy this year- YIKES!!!
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #69
Phat Phrog

Oh that's right, I recall the MB trips being your favorites! We are doing the Dragons Tail again this summer! (That sounded bad for anyone not knowing what that means!)....we are looking at June possibly. We won't be taking any vehicle or rig.....just riding the Harley's. Your summer is sounding like loads of fun! NotLookingBack and I are hoping to be parked together in Goshen, and hopefully other toy haulers are there! It would have been great to meet you and Dawn too....but someday....ya just never know!

I thought I saw your name on a list....hmmmmmm are you part of the PPST/C maybe? Maybe that's where I saw your name and assumed you would be in Goshen too. You don't have to go to Goshen to be a part of the crew! It really will be fun! and, while at Goshen, I do have a small list of work for the techs. One major is our furnace issue was never fixed, and rather than waste more FR money by hiring someone to come out and look/fix it again, I am going to have the pros look at it.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #70
Phat Phrog

Hey there NotLookingBack...here is a photo of the carousel I mentioned! Pockets are all the way around the caruosel, and the shelves hold lots of clothes!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3111732790.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	28043  
Old 04-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #71

That's just what I need, you found it at Walmart? Thanks, you're the queen!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #72
Phat Phrog

Hi NotLookingBack!! Hope you are doing great!! We finally ordered our motorcycle wheel chocks today and I will be picking up tomorrow. We plan to tow the bike during a Memorial Day weekend camping trip. Here is a link to the chocks. We got the model TWSPWC. Hope the link pasts correctly...
http://accessories.etrailer.com/sear...wheel%20chocks
Old 05-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Hi NotLookingBack!! Hope you are doing great!! We finally ordered our motorcycle wheel chocks today and I will be picking up tomorrow. We plan to tow the bike during a Memorial Day weekend camping trip. Here is a link to the chocks. We got the model TWSPWC. Hope the link pasts correctly...
http://accessories.etrailer.com/sear...wheel%20chocks
Hey! We are doing great! I love, love, love the organizers you told me about! We have had Maxine over at our trailer at Raccoon Lake for the past month. We moved some of the house stuff when we sold it to the lake to be used for the RV when we bought her. So I've been sorting and loading the both places, and it's so much fun to have gotten to stay a lot in her. We are so ready for a road trip and have a few more things to work out with the dealer!

Thanks for the chock info, I will pass it along to Jim. I remember you said something about the Dragon Tail, let me know how that goes! Can't wait to meet you at Goshen!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #74
Phat Phrog

Oh that does sound like fun work!! It sounds like you are getting settled! I feel very much at home in this XLR! I do look forward to our house being built, but in the meantime...this is perfect for us! Great to chat with you...and yep....can't wait to meet ya!! We are looking forward to riding as much as we can! Best part...we have a week!! Take care girl!!
Old 05-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #75

I am contemplating the purchase of a 386x12 and was wondering what you are using for yout tow vehicle and if you are having any issues with your TH
Fiddler8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #76
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler8 View Post
I am contemplating the purchase of a 386x12 and was wondering what you are using for yout tow vehicle and if you are having any issues with your TH
I have the XLR 35x12 and we love it!!! I think the 386 has the same island countertop, and it is great! We tow with a 2007 new to us chevy Silverado 3500 DRW and it does an amazing job! Good luck on your decision! As far as issues go.....you will find issues with any new rig. You just have to work out the kinks!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #77

We haul with a Ram2500, we looked at 3500, since its my everyday vehicle, I didn't want to drive that big of a truck! Works great for us! We've only had one major issue so far with the shower leaking, took it back twice! Going back to the dealer this weekend for the third time, after my conversation with the service department, I am pretty sure it will get fixed this time. I told them I was bringing my swimsuit, so I could test it before we leave with it, headed for a four day bluesfest and I want to be able to shower!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #78

I have a 2012 GMC Denali 3500 SRW and was having some concerns that it may not be enough truck. I plan to haul the Harley Electra Glide which is probably 800-900 lbs.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #79

We have a Ultra Classic HD, haven't put in the garage yet, still working on what kind of chock to use, we did put our golf cart in a few weeks ago!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #80

I have used the Condor chock and found it to be the best, especially if you are loading by yourself. The Condor keeps the motorcycle upright while you fasten the tie downs.