Old 02-21-2015, 08:52 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
Stunned to hear they do repairs like that at the rally's. That is a great benefit for sure. Makes me feel even better about ordering a new 340x12hp!!

The rally in Goshen is the only FR rally where this work is done. FR brings out their crews from the plants, and the entire week in GOSHEN is busy with techs. It is amazing to see and to be a part of! You are ordering a beautiful unit gtsum!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:07 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
Hey you two. Hope all is well. See you at the show. Bob

Hi Bob!! Kenny says hey! We are doing great! I don't think we will be at the Goshen rally this year because we are putting together a rally in Tennessee just before the Goshen rally, and I have to be back home for work afterwards. We are really going to miss seeing you and your crew this year! I hope there is a great turnout of XLR's! Take care and looking forward to seeing you again!

Old 02-21-2015, 09:17 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
The rally in Goshen is the only FR rally where this work is done. FR brings out their crews from the plants, and the entire week in GOSHEN is busy with techs. It is amazing to see and to be a part of! You are ordering a beautiful unit gtsum!

Thanks for the info! We r getting ready to order but we are on the fence for the full body paint or not? I am thinking it will remain looking nice longer and won't have to worry about stickers fading or peeling? Those that have it, would you order amour xlr with fbp again?
Old 02-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #34

I would say if the cost doesn't bother you then go with the full body paint. I know we were maxing our budget and couldn't justify another $7000 or so for full body paint. Would have been nice to have though.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:53 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.wilsons View Post
I would say if the cost doesn't bother you then go with the full body paint. I know we were maxing our budget and couldn't justify another $7000 or so for full body paint. Would have been nice to have though.

I agree! I wish we had that also!

Old 02-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #36

Couple more questions - does the 340x12hp (or any thunderbolt not an AMP model) have a black tank flush? I know it doesn't have a central convenience utility center like the amp models). If it doesn't, is this a big deal or no?

Also, do you know if it can be ordered with g rated tires, or are the rims rated for a g rated tire (110psi vs 80 for st tires)? I wouldn't trust the tow max tires at all due to countless blow out reports on just about every rv forum I look at. Thanks so much for any help you can give!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
Couple more questions - does the 340x12hp (or any thunderbolt not an AMP model) have a black tank flush? I know it doesn't have a central convenience utility center like the amp models). If it doesn't, is this a big deal or no?

Also, do you know if it can be ordered with g rated tires, or are the rims rated for a g rated tire (110psi vs 80 for st tires)? I wouldn't trust the tow max tires at all due to countless blow out reports on just about every rv forum I look at. Thanks so much for any help you can give!
I have the 340 and it does have a black tank flush.
I'm not sure if you can order the 340 with the G rated tires but I contacted FR and they told me the rims are the same for the E or G, so yes, the rims will support 110 PSI.

US Army Retired
Tx_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:18 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Rider View Post
I have the 340 and it does have a black tank flush.
I'm not sure if you can order the 340 with the G rated tires but I contacted FR and they told me the rims are the same for the E or G, so yes, the rims will support 110 PSI.
Good deal. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:56 AM   #39

I have a 2015 300x12 and it has the black tank flush.

Also the tires are the Great Lake tires, I have not noticed any complaints on line so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-23-2015, 06:32 PM   #40

Just received our XLR 380 AMP and love it. Only issue so far has been with the main shower leaking from the door. Noticed they ran the caulking about 2" short of where the door slides. We re-caulked it when we used it last and will have to see if that corrects the problem but I'm pretty confident it will.

Tags
xlr