Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2015, 06:36 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkchriston View Post
Just received our XLR 380 AMP and love it. Only issue so far has been with the main shower leaking from the door. Noticed they ran the caulking about 2" short of where the door slides. We re-caulked it when we used it last and will have to see if that corrects the problem but I'm pretty confident it will.
Welcome to the board!
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:56 PM   #42
XLR Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
Couple more questions - does the 340x12hp (or any thunderbolt not an AMP model) have a black tank flush? I know it doesn't have a central convenience utility center like the amp models). If it doesn't, is this a big deal or no?

Also, do you know if it can be ordered with g rated tires, or are the rims rated for a g rated tire (110psi vs 80 for st tires)? I wouldn't trust the tow max tires at all due to countless blow out reports on just about every rv forum I look at. Thanks so much for any help you can give!

Yes you can order G Rated tires on the 340. Good Year G Rated is also an option.
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
Yes you can order G Rated tires on the 340. Good Year G Rated is also an option.
Wow Bob, I couldn't get a straight answer on that. I wanted to order G614 Goodyears and both Couch's and their rep Jeff Gee insisted that only Westlake G rated tires could be ordered on my XLR. John Miller who also posts here thought that it was possible but after I told him what Jeff said, he said the option must be gone. I assume you are the man who would know so perhaps you could get the word out to your reps who are telling people this is no longer an option.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
Fantastic and thanks for the info! After flirting with the idea of a Fuzion 345 for a day or two, we have come to the (final) conclusion the 340 is it. Will be placing the order within a few weeks!
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:17 AM   #45
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkchriston View Post
Just received our XLR 380 AMP and love it. Only issue so far has been with the main shower leaking from the door. Noticed they ran the caulking about 2" short of where the door slides. We re-caulked it when we used it last and will have to see if that corrects the problem but I'm pretty confident it will.

Congrats on your new XLR Thunderbolt!! Would love to see pics!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #46

We are on our 4th FR Toy Hauler and wouldn't have anything but a FR. We have a 2014 401amp Thunderbolt XLR also and are living in it. There are things go wrong with all of them, specially after they've been on the road for a while. Things get shifted around so much and stuff quits doing what it should. If we can be of any help to you e mail us at brinnonauto@Hotmail.com. It can all be fixed.
2hotquads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:49 AM   #47
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hotquads View Post
We are on our 4th FR Toy Hauler and wouldn't have anything but a FR. We have a 2014 401amp Thunderbolt XLR also and are living in it. There are things go wrong with all of them, specially after they've been on the road for a while. Things get shifted around so much and stuff quits doing what it should. If we can be of any help to you e mail us at brinnonauto@Hotmail.com. It can all be fixed.

That is a beautiful rig 2hotquads! I love the amp series! If we ever trade ours in, the amp is what I want next! The ones with the extra large windows over the couch! We lived in our XLR for a year, while we built our home....it was a very fun time! When we took it camping, we would joke around on the drive, saying....Don't make me pull this house over!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr