Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #21

2014 xlr 380 amp
We are also having the same issue with large slide, have had it adjusted and was told not to operate slide in with It leveled on hydraulic legs. It's ok to slide it out with legs down however when retracting the slide in it should be attached to tow vehicle. That way it sets on the suspension and should retract in normally. This doesn't really make a lot of common sense to me however this is what the service tech recommends.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
beerrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #22
Just Love to Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerrun View Post
2014 xlr 380 amp
We are also having the same issue with large slide, have had it adjusted and was told not to operate slide in with It leveled on hydraulic legs. It's ok to slide it out with legs down however when retracting the slide in it should be attached to tow vehicle. That way it sets on the suspension and should retract in normally. This doesn't really make a lot of common sense to me however this is what the service tech recommends.

I am not a service tech but that doesn't sound right to me. But that is just my opinion. I unfortunately don't have the hydraulic system. But want it.

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:48 AM   #23
Livin' the Dream

That makes no sense to me.
How does the slide know if it's attached to a tow vehicle or on its legs???
I'd think you need to contact FR
Old 11-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vquad View Post
That makes no sense to me.
How does the slide know if it's attached to a tow vehicle or on its legs???
I'd think you need to contact FR

I will be taking our 415 in for service and it would be the wrong thing to tell me when I ask them to adjust our living rm slide. I have not taking it in because we wanted to use it 2 or 3 times to make sure that we cover everything that needs to be checked. I have been in contact with our dealer and he sounds like he knows what to do.

I have a list!
Donnieburnett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #25
Just Love to Camp

Take pictures before you take it in for repairs of everything

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #26
Livin' the Dream

that's what I do as well.
I document everything with pictures and video.
just in case you get into one of those situations where the techs ticket reads "could not duplicate".
Old 02-19-2015, 09:51 PM   #27

XLR Thunderbolt

Fixed... The glue they used on the pipe was keeping handle on the grey tank from going all the way in.
jeff4100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #28
XLR Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerrun View Post
2014 xlr 380 amp

Try spraying silicone on the wipes both inside and outside. The "tech" that said to hook it to the truck when running the room in is.....um....crazy? Sounds like a small slide head adjustment and some silicone will work.
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #29
XLR Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
We have the 2012 35x12 and did have issues. Some we didn't know, until we had to live it it temporarily, while building our home. Our dealer is far away, and the dealers close to us that sell FR campers, will not work on it because they do not sell the XLR model. Sooooo...I cannot stress how valuable going to the Goshen FROG rally is....for getting repairs done on your camper. We have gone two years in a row, and the plant manager and the service manager come to your unit, and work non stop, until every item on your list is repaired or replaced! Free of charge!
As a matter of fact, there were only 4 XLR's there this year....and that is out of 308 FR units that went.....so we were actually spoiled by the XLR team! They would love for more XLR's to show up at the rally! If you ever have the opportunity to go, it will simply blow your mind, what they can do for you! I fall in love with my XLR each time I go!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Hey you two. Hope all is well. See you at the show. Bob
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:11 AM   #30

Stunned to hear they do repairs like that at the rally's. That is a great benefit for sure. Makes me feel even better about ordering a new 340x12hp!!
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:52 AM   #31
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
Stunned to hear they do repairs like that at the rally's. That is a great benefit for sure. Makes me feel even better about ordering a new 340x12hp!!

The rally in Goshen is the only FR rally where this work is done. FR brings out their crews from the plants, and the entire week in GOSHEN is busy with techs. It is amazing to see and to be a part of! You are ordering a beautiful unit gtsum!

RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:07 AM   #32
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
Hey you two. Hope all is well. See you at the show. Bob

Hi Bob!! Kenny says hey! We are doing great! I don't think we will be at the Goshen rally this year because we are putting together a rally in Tennessee just before the Goshen rally, and I have to be back home for work afterwards. We are really going to miss seeing you and your crew this year! I hope there is a great turnout of XLR's! Take care and looking forward to seeing you again!

Old 02-21-2015, 09:17 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
The rally in Goshen is the only FR rally where this work is done. FR brings out their crews from the plants, and the entire week in GOSHEN is busy with techs. It is amazing to see and to be a part of! You are ordering a beautiful unit gtsum!

Thanks for the info! We r getting ready to order but we are on the fence for the full body paint or not? I am thinking it will remain looking nice longer and won't have to worry about stickers fading or peeling? Those that have it, would you order amour xlr with fbp again?
Old 02-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #34

I would say if the cost doesn't bother you then go with the full body paint. I know we were maxing our budget and couldn't justify another $7000 or so for full body paint. Would have been nice to have though.
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:53 AM   #35
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.wilsons View Post
I would say if the cost doesn't bother you then go with the full body paint. I know we were maxing our budget and couldn't justify another $7000 or so for full body paint. Would have been nice to have though.

I agree! I wish we had that also!

Old 02-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #36

Couple more questions - does the 340x12hp (or any thunderbolt not an AMP model) have a black tank flush? I know it doesn't have a central convenience utility center like the amp models). If it doesn't, is this a big deal or no?

Also, do you know if it can be ordered with g rated tires, or are the rims rated for a g rated tire (110psi vs 80 for st tires)? I wouldn't trust the tow max tires at all due to countless blow out reports on just about every rv forum I look at. Thanks so much for any help you can give!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
Couple more questions - does the 340x12hp (or any thunderbolt not an AMP model) have a black tank flush? I know it doesn't have a central convenience utility center like the amp models). If it doesn't, is this a big deal or no?

Also, do you know if it can be ordered with g rated tires, or are the rims rated for a g rated tire (110psi vs 80 for st tires)? I wouldn't trust the tow max tires at all due to countless blow out reports on just about every rv forum I look at. Thanks so much for any help you can give!
I have the 340 and it does have a black tank flush.
I'm not sure if you can order the 340 with the G rated tires but I contacted FR and they told me the rims are the same for the E or G, so yes, the rims will support 110 PSI.

US Army Retired
Tx_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:18 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Rider View Post
I have the 340 and it does have a black tank flush.
I'm not sure if you can order the 340 with the G rated tires but I contacted FR and they told me the rims are the same for the E or G, so yes, the rims will support 110 PSI.
Good deal. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:56 AM   #39

I have a 2015 300x12 and it has the black tank flush.

Also the tires are the Great Lake tires, I have not noticed any complaints on line so far.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:32 PM   #40

Just received our XLR 380 AMP and love it. Only issue so far has been with the main shower leaking from the door. Noticed they ran the caulking about 2" short of where the door slides. We re-caulked it when we used it last and will have to see if that corrects the problem but I'm pretty confident it will.
clarkchriston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr