Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #1

Question XLR various model tow questions

At local RV show this weekend, looked at the 24HFS -EP and the 5th wheel 30 HFS5-EP, but they didn't have a 27 HFS there. Wife wants separate garage, hence I guess I "need" to consider both the 27 or the 30 5th wheel, but had hoped to stay withing 1/2 ton towable including about 1500 lbs of road bikes (Vic Vision + KLR dual purpose)

Anyone hauling loaded 27 wth a 1/2 ton, I assume everyone using the 30 5th wheel model is pulling with a 3/4 ton.?

Is there a separate place to find usere comments on the 30 HFS%?

Thanks
Ridenfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #2

We have a 2012 27 HFS and tow with a 2010 Tundra extended cab with the 5.7 engine. Loaded with 2 bikes it is a load. On the flats it is fine but on hills you know it's there. I do keep all the tanks empty or at least 5-10 gallons of fuel for generator a little fresh water so a road side flush would be possible. You just have to keep track of the weights on everything.
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #3

We tow a 27 HFS with a 2006 F150 5.4. It tows fine on the flat lands in the midwest and works fine for now but have a 3/4 or 1 ton vision for the future. I do not believe my setup is a good one for towing at higher altitudes but for now towing in Illinois and Wisconsin, it works.
meandmylabs is offline   Reply With Quote