Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2014, 05:19 AM   #1

Xlr viper

What is the general opinion of the xlr viper models compared to other xlr models? Pros/Cons?
nhrangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #2

I have a xlr305v12 viper very nice unit only one word of advise if you buy a toyhauler check the cargo capacity on the actual unit you plan on purchasing not what is listed on line or sales flier look at the little yellow sticker with that said I love mine. The v-nose really cuts the wind on the highway
Adh203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #3

I have a 2014 305v12 and absolutely love it, after a couple personal modifications I could live in it. Just got back from a 12 day camping trip and was the best vacation ever.
duneviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #4

What modification would you make? I ordered mine as a 2015 345v14 with the extreme weather package(with single pane windows) the LG counter top, dual ac units 15k and 13.5k, generator with the fuel station, and slide awnings. I should be picking it up when I return from deployment around OCT. Is there anything I should watch out for when I pick it up?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
nhrangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #5

You have pretty much the same package as I have, I just did small stuff like, plexi glass covers over the lower screen doors(for the dog noses), handles on the screen doors, back splash behind stove and bathroom sink, couple extra tie downs in garage, other than that it is just about perfect. I have the leather couch with the center cup holders and I plan to take it out and put 2 lazy boy recliners in place of the couch ( only because it is just me and the wife and the dog). I have mine set up to haul a rzr 900 xp and 2 sport quads (Suzuki 400,raptor 700), My last trip was 900 miles each way and it pulls great, sometimes even forgot it was back there. Pulling with a 2014 chevy 2500 duramax. The only problem I have had was I was a little unlevel one time "boondocking" and couldn't get fuel to the generator, but releveled and worked great.
duneviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #6

Can't wait for Monday to get here. Pick up our 305v14 XLR Viper!!! Ready to play with our new toy
Superdutykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:30 PM   #7

Oh man...we love ours! 2014 306v14. Just some FYIs...LED light covers pop off while traveling. Our fuse for the auto Jack quit. Had to manually lift. Before you leave the dealer...make sure handle for the manual Jack is in your unit. We had to use a pipe wrench:/. Umm...our "mother-board"...needed to be replaced. Our heater wasn't working properlyso dealer replaced it right away. Oh, AND our third axle brake went...towed using the two axles...dealer corrected right away. I know this seems like a lot, but we think all the kinks have been worked out and we're good to go LOVE OUR VIPER EVEN WITH THESE ISSUES!
aallabaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #8

Be Careful !!! I have a 2012 Viper Fifth Wheel 305V12 and the front V-Nose is falling apart. PM me for more details and pictures if interested. Pretty sad that they cant build a trailer to last more than 2 years...... Oh wait they dont care how long it lasts as long as they have your money.....
ungabunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #9

Has Forest River discontinued the Viper 305V12?
Old 10-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #10

Looks like the whole viper line is gone now, also no more Hyper Lite 5th wheel.

Toys-
Yamaha G9 Golf Cart
2010 Harley FLHX with lots of mods
bowtie_guy is offline   Reply With Quote