Old 09-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #11

I did once the trailer was in the air so that the axle could be pulled ahead and aligned with the new spring. i dont carry enough jacks to raise all tires off the ground while camping.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungabunga View Post
I did once the trailer was in the air so that the axle could be pulled ahead and aligned with the new spring. i dont carry enough jacks to raise all tires off the ground while camping.
A hydraulic jack would be a reasonably-priced addition to the 'tool kit'.
I have rubber torsion axles, so need one anyway to change a tire. And I use it in the fall to raise the camper so I can block it up off the tires for storage. Such a jack would have definitely paid for itself with what happened to you.
Just one question, could you not have removed the wheel on the broken-spring axle, dropped the axle so you could change the spring, then put the wheel back on? I know it is not a repair that most are prepared to make 'on the side of the road', but maybe we should be?

Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungabunga
On my second camping trip with my new XLR Viper 305V12 I encountered a broken main spring on the front axle passenger side. My dealer doesn't want to help me as I waited 36 hours for the roadside Coachnet to show and they didn;'t so i bought and changed my spring myslef on the side of a road. Looking for some help to get a phone number of a company rep or something to talk to. Oh yeah the best part is that the trailer has never had anything in the garage yet to date and the spring broke?? hmmmm what if I had 2 quads in there.....
Unga - sorry for your frustrations with this 305V12. Has the issue been resolved yet? If not, please call the XLR warranty department at 574-975-0292 and ask for Diane.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #14
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
A hydraulic jack would be a reasonably-priced addition to the 'tool kit'.
I have rubber torsion axles, so need one anyway to change a tire. And I use it in the fall to raise the camper so I can block it up off the tires for storage.
Bakken...where do you place your hydraulic jack, on the frame or axle ?
Paul, Darcie, Li & Yan
pdchristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700
It seems like the running gear FR puts under all there rvs are the absolute minimum to carry it. Like the sweet load range c awesome trail america tires that are already worn after this summer. I will have to replace them before next summer I don't trust them anymore.
Wyo700 - you'll find that the XLR Viper series mainly uses load range D tires. The C load range are unfortunately used on many cheaper built trailers.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailertrash78

Wyo700 - you'll find that the XLR Viper series mainly uses load range D tires. The C load range are unfortunately used on many cheaper built trailers.
Right I understand that I guess. But my TH wasnt that cheap IMO to me anyway. My next set will for sure be load range d.

2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote