Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #1

XLR Viper Broken Spring HELP

On my second camping trip with my new XLR Viper 305V12 I encountered a broken main spring on the front axle passenger side. My dealer doesn't want to help me as I waited 36 hours for the roadside Coachnet to show and they didn;'t so i bought and changed my spring myslef on the side of a road. Looking for some help to get a phone number of a company rep or something to talk to. Oh yeah the best part is that the trailer has never had anything in the garage yet to date and the spring broke?? hmmmm what if I had 2 quads in there.....

Old 09-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungabunga
On my second camping trip with my new XLR Viper 305V12 I encountered a broken main spring on the front axle passenger side. My dealer doesn't want to help me as I waited 36 hours for the roadside Coachnet to show and they didn;'t so i bought and changed my spring myslef on the side of a road. Looking for some help to get a phone number of a company rep or something to talk to. Oh yeah the best part is that the trailer has never had anything in the garage yet to date and the spring broke?? hmmmm what if I had 2 quads in there.....
Tremendous props for changing a leaf spring along the road.
I see coach net roadside service is two thumbs down !
I wish I could help with some contact numbers but I can't.
I do have a source on the inside let me see if I can contact him and see if we can get you some answers.
What year is the TH ?

Turbs

Old 09-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungabunga
Looking for some help to get a phone number of a company rep or something to talk to.
Ungabunga,

Try contacting Jeff Gee - 574-975-0290 / jgee@forestriverinc.com. I met Jeff at the FROG Rally in August. He was showing off a beautiful new XLR 5th Wheel in the RV display area. I don't know his title (I talked to quite a few people from FR and asked for business cards - none had a title on their card; interesting corporate strategy) but he seemed well connected to XLR and was a very nice guy. Hopefully he can help. Good luck!
david-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #4

It seems like the running gear FR puts under all there rvs are the absolute minimum to carry it. Like the sweet load range c awesome trail america tires that are already worn after this summer. I will have to replace them before next summer I don't trust them anymore.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #5

unga, if you broke one spring. all of them could be defective.
I would demand all new springs, or better yet, make them pay for new ones made locally. That way you won't get the same junk that came on your camper.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #6

Thats what I am trying for and I want one size bigger spring also. So far I am out over 400 dollars for the one spring that I changed on the side of the road after all the bills!! Pretty sad considering its a 3 month old toy hauler worth over 60,000 dollars. I just hope they back their product.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #7

Four hundred bucks? I think the last time I had one made it was about $35, although it was just a 3500 pounder. Inflation is getting out of hand!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungabunga View Post
Thats what I am trying for and I want one size bigger spring also. So far I am out over 400 dollars for the one spring that I changed on the side of the road after all the bills!! Pretty sad considering its a 3 month old toy hauler worth over 60,000 dollars. I just hope they back their product.
the best thing to do is just add a leaf to your spring pack vs a "one bigger" spring .

Turbs
Old 09-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #9

Theres always someone who knows more than someone else, heres proof right here. New spring, new ubolt kit, roadside mechanic with jacks big enough to lift a 12,000 pound trailer and air tools.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungabunga View Post
Theres always someone who knows more than someone else, heres proof right here. New spring, new ubolt kit, roadside mechanic with jacks big enough to lift a 12,000 pound trailer and air tools.
??????????????
You said you changed it yourself.
??????????????