Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 9
XLR Viper Broken Spring HELP

On my second camping trip with my new XLR Viper 305V12 I encountered a broken main spring on the front axle passenger side. My dealer doesn't want to help me as I waited 36 hours for the roadside Coachnet to show and they didn;'t so i bought and changed my spring myslef on the side of a road. Looking for some help to get a phone number of a company rep or something to talk to. Oh yeah the best part is that the trailer has never had anything in the garage yet to date and the spring broke?? hmmmm what if I had 2 quads in there.....
__________________

__________________
ungabunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungabunga
On my second camping trip with my new XLR Viper 305V12 I encountered a broken main spring on the front axle passenger side. My dealer doesn't want to help me as I waited 36 hours for the roadside Coachnet to show and they didn;'t so i bought and changed my spring myslef on the side of a road. Looking for some help to get a phone number of a company rep or something to talk to. Oh yeah the best part is that the trailer has never had anything in the garage yet to date and the spring broke?? hmmmm what if I had 2 quads in there.....
Tremendous props for changing a leaf spring along the road.
I see coach net roadside service is two thumbs down !
I wish I could help with some contact numbers but I can't.
I do have a source on the inside let me see if I can contact him and see if we can get you some answers.
What year is the TH ?

Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
david-o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungabunga
Looking for some help to get a phone number of a company rep or something to talk to.
Ungabunga,

Try contacting Jeff Gee - 574-975-0290 / jgee@forestriverinc.com. I met Jeff at the FROG Rally in August. He was showing off a beautiful new XLR 5th Wheel in the RV display area. I don't know his title (I talked to quite a few people from FR and asked for business cards - none had a title on their card; interesting corporate strategy) but he seemed well connected to XLR and was a very nice guy. Hopefully he can help. Good luck!
__________________
Dave
2015 Cedar Creek 34RL
2014 Ram 3500 CC 4x4 6.5 Bed Cummins
david-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
wyo700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 892
It seems like the running gear FR puts under all there rvs are the absolute minimum to carry it. Like the sweet load range c awesome trail america tires that are already worn after this summer. I will have to replace them before next summer I don't trust them anymore.
__________________
2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
unga, if you broke one spring. all of them could be defective.
I would demand all new springs, or better yet, make them pay for new ones made locally. That way you won't get the same junk that came on your camper.
__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 9
Thats what I am trying for and I want one size bigger spring also. So far I am out over 400 dollars for the one spring that I changed on the side of the road after all the bills!! Pretty sad considering its a 3 month old toy hauler worth over 60,000 dollars. I just hope they back their product.
__________________
ungabunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
Four hundred bucks? I think the last time I had one made it was about $35, although it was just a 3500 pounder. Inflation is getting out of hand!
__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungabunga View Post
Thats what I am trying for and I want one size bigger spring also. So far I am out over 400 dollars for the one spring that I changed on the side of the road after all the bills!! Pretty sad considering its a 3 month old toy hauler worth over 60,000 dollars. I just hope they back their product.
the best thing to do is just add a leaf to your spring pack vs a "one bigger" spring .

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 9
Theres always someone who knows more than someone else, heres proof right here. New spring, new ubolt kit, roadside mechanic with jacks big enough to lift a 12,000 pound trailer and air tools.
__________________
ungabunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungabunga View Post
Theres always someone who knows more than someone else, heres proof right here. New spring, new ubolt kit, roadside mechanic with jacks big enough to lift a 12,000 pound trailer and air tools.
??????????????
You said you changed it yourself.
??????????????
__________________

__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.