Old 11-13-2015, 09:42 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
We have tire brand cults, truck brand cults, trailer brand cults now hitch brand cults... Isn't anything sacred?

Yes NS, there is an ez flex for our trailer. Seems like a worthwhile upgrade.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm an avid motorcyclist and just ask "tire brand" or worse yet "best oil" and pop some popcorn and watch the fireworks.

I have a blue ox. Sucks.

I tow a 22' enclosed with #9000 w/o and WD hitch and it doesn't move unless I tell it too. I have a XLR tow hauler, and it is like carrying plywood on a windy day.

I'm very interested in the HA or PP. if I can get her to settle down behind me, that'd be great.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:03 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Using your logic, we should all just get a Mack.

so what's close to max 5lbs under rated gcvw . what's to close to max is when you hook up your TT to your TV and you light up the tree tops . just because your truck say you can tow 12000lbs doesn't mean it can do it well as is the case with a lot of 1500
now as far as PP or HA being no more over priced then the $500 counterparts is a matter of opinion and nothing more

You're the one that stated the PP is overpriced. Once again, you have zero experience with one so it seems you really have nothing to offer in regards to the PP or HA other than personal opinion.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #93

After reading and commenting in this thread, I've got the answer. The best hitch is the one that works for you.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #94

I try any one you want me to, if your buying! Otherwise the inferior one I own works just hunkie
Old 11-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #95

WW
Thanks . my next up grade will be the e-z flex equalizers . still wish i could get an 1" or 2' lift . after the ez flex then i'll move on the axles and springs
Old 11-14-2015, 12:00 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
You're the one that stated the PP is overpriced. Once again, you have zero experience with one so it seems you really have nothing to offer in regards to the PP or HA other than personal opinion.

seems all anyone offers is opinions based on their own thoughts and personnel feelings . i still say 2500 for a hitch of any type is over priced . I would in my opinion put that toward a new truck to handle the load .
Old 11-15-2015, 05:35 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
seems all anyone offers is opinions based on their own thoughts and personnel feelings . i still say 2500 for a hitch of any type is over priced . I would in my opinion put that toward a new truck to handle the load .

Lots of people spend close to that on 5W hitches to get the best ride possible- so to each his own, I guess.

Tags
hitch, sway, weight, xlr