Old 11-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #41

Youroo it does say 1500 in the paperwork though 😜

Old 11-05-2015, 07:58 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
WW

No just commenting on other posts that the only argument I've heard against the Anderson is it can't transfer enough weigh to front axle --In my use I can definitely see and feel weight transferred to front axles that's all

Great WDS system

WW going coastal this weekend 😄
Have fun and send pictures. Did I tell you, I heard from Dunes for volunteering next Spring / Summer?
WW

Old 11-06-2015, 05:11 PM   #43
John513

One more thing about the blue ox. I didn't order mine in time to do this, but if you buy whatever kit you buy it come standard with the 2" 7 hole mount. My truck is lifted 6" with 35s, so I also bought a more of a drop mount. If you need a different mount than the one it comes with and as long as you don't use it, Blue Ox will exchange it for the one that you need without having to buy another one. I never used my original, so I am sending it to blue ox for a 2 1/2" version of the same since I will be lifting my trailer for a little more clearance.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #44

Good deal J. What's with all the lifting? Short people hater!
Old 11-06-2015, 06:14 PM   #45
John513

No not at all, I think I asked if anyone ever lifted there trailer in an old thread. I wanted little more clearance under trailer. I had a few close calls before and wanted to move the springs to the top of axle. I have atv's that I put in back of mine, so that shouldn't be an issue with the ramp being just a tad bit steeper. Yours sits a bit higher doesn't it from the upgraded axles.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:21 AM   #46

John. I remember that. Was it something about hitting in a driveway? I think my 29hfs is already "flipped" (factory) I'll have to look. But, I'd like to lower mine, but can't. I was just busting your chops in fun about hating:beer:
Old 11-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
PH, you are the expert. If you were referring to the comment I made... I have read on the forum that the mounting slips and then the tension changed... dunno really, just read it on the forum.
WW
The mounting brackets on the tongue can slip . mostly because of improper set up . Mine slipped when i went to Andersen Idaho they set it up and have not had it slip again . but after 1000 miles i decided to weld stops just in case . as far as weight transfer when you have a tv that's overloaded ie lights pointing toward the sky then you better pay 2000 and get the max transfer wd hitch you can find . when you have a tv matched with the weight your towing and tongue weight then no need for a 2000 wd . to assume you need all the weight back on the front wheels is absurd . with my truck it sits high in the back when unloaded . the empty weight of the truck has the front end carrying 65 to 70 % of the truck weight ie engine when loaded with the TH and andersen set i'm 1/4 inch higher in the front then stock but truck is riding level handling is super good . quite a few times have looked down and been doing 75 ++ and needed to back off but the hitch and TH towed as one with the TV . i see no reason to go to a standard WD and deal with the extra weight , grease and noise , the andersen will be mine go to from now on
Old 11-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #48

What is this tongue weight and distribution you all speak of? Oh, that's right. It doesn't apply to me! BWAHAHAHA

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
Old 11-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
John. I remember that. Was it something about hitting in a driveway? I think my 29hfs is already "flipped" (factory) I'll have to look. But, I'd like to lower mine, but can't. I was just busting your chops in fun about hating:beer:
Thinking about the up-grade on the axles do you have to order new springs also ? i would think that may give me the 1 or 2 " taller ride that i would like to achieve with out flipping axles . I assume with 5200 or 6000 lbs axles new springs would be in order
Old 11-07-2015, 02:28 PM   #50

In my younger racing days, there were bolt-on springs that were U bolted to the axle and the top rested around the rubber bottoming lug. They still have them. I remember it adding an inch or two to the height.

Would something like that help? Especially if you went in the drive at an angle?

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)

Tags
hitch, sway, weight, xlr