Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #21
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotech View Post
10X...You can get a price in the low to mid 20's through RVWholesalers in Lakeview, OH. I'm having some real weight issues, however, you may want to consider. You can load it within it's spec limits but the axles are still overloaded. There is only about 1300 lbs available for water, gas, toys, etc. They list it at 1650 but the actual trailer weight is much higher than the spec sheet. With an 800 lb atv, water, gas and normal other gear loaded, my axles were overloaded by 360 lbs even though I'm within the gvwr.
What do you reccomend? I like the layout of it with a seperate rear room, does anyone else make a similar layout? Thanks for the info.
10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #22

10X...I bought the 27 HFS for the same reason-the rear separate garage and it was light enough for my half ton truck. I will be looking into an MXT by KZ. I've seen one and liked it but don't remember why I didn't go with it.
Rotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #23
10x

Quote:
10X...I bought the 27 HFS for the same reason-the rear separate garage and it was light enough for my half ton truck. I will be looking into an MXT by KZ. I've seen one and liked it but don't remember why I didn't go with it.
I own a 28 ft KZ without a garage, it has not given me any problems. I wish I had a toyhauler to bring some of my toys. Keep me posted on MXT and what your findings are. Maybe I will go that route.

Thanx
Old 07-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #24

The MXT302 and 303 by KZ look real good. They are a little bigger at 34 ft. and gvwr of 8800 lbs but have over 3000 lbs. cargo capacity. Separate garage, walk-around bed in front, fuel station and generator setup. Don't know about price. The 303 has a 10 ft. garage.

I've already taken the dinette out of my new 27HFS because it's horrible to sit on and barely holding together. I've rehung several cabinet doors because one fell off and broke and the fire extinguisher that pulled its screws out of the wall and fell off. I take it in tomorrow to have the refrigerator fixed. Of course that is a Dometic problem and not Forest River. Oh, yeah...the fuel gage shows empty with 6 gal left in the tank. Dumping it at 6 months old is going to be a costly move but I can't wait until the axles give out and who knows what else falls off.
Rotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #25
10x

Quote:
The MXT302 and 303 by KZ look real good. They are a little bigger at 34 ft. and gvwr of 8800 lbs but have over 3000 lbs. cargo capacity. Separate garage, walk-around bed in front, fuel station and generator setup. Don't know about price. The 303 has a 10 ft. garage.

I've already taken the dinette out of my new 27HFS because it's horrible to sit on and barely holding together. I've rehung several cabinet doors because one fell off and broke and the fire extinguisher that pulled its screws out of the wall and fell off. I take it in tomorrow to have the refrigerator fixed. Of course that is a Dometic problem and not Forest River. Oh, yeah...the fuel gage shows empty with 6 gal left in the tank. Dumping it at 6 months old is going to be a costly move but I can't wait until the axles give out and who knows what else falls off.
Thanks, I am trying to find a dealer here in FL to look at them. I am not having any luck. I think the KZ might be the route to go.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #26

Glad I caught this post, I am looking to get into a bigger rig and was seriously considering this XLR, but since I want to be able to carry 2 800lb machines this is definately not the one for me. Thanks for the heads up on the axel weights!
flyinguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #27

rear cargo screen

My xlr came with the rear screen that you put up on the back not the retractable one that lets down from the ceiling. Anyone else have this one? White vinyl with screen sections in it. I called the factory and they didn't know how to install it. Suggested I get some velcrow and put it up that way. Anyone have any issue with their cable hook up in the living room area? Other than that enjoying the camper!
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandRChambers View Post
My xlr came with the rear screen that you put up on the back not the retractable one that lets down from the ceiling. Anyone else have this one? White vinyl with screen sections in it. I called the factory and they didn't know how to install it. Suggested I get some velcrow and put it up that way. Anyone have any issue with their cable hook up in the living room area? Other than that enjoying the camper!
Yes I had the same run around............ Velcro - who are they kidding!!!!
If it were suppose to be mounted with velcro..... where's the velcro?

It is clear from looking at it.... there needs to be tracks on the sides for it to slide into.
Mine came with one piece of track for the top, none for the sides.
I was able to order the mounting rail locally for approx. $20-25. My expense ... no help from the dealer or manufacturer. Dealer was clueless. They never installed one. If they had ... they did it wrong.

If you want some info... message me your cell number.
Steve38 is offline   Reply With Quote