Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2014, 08:32 PM   #1

2009 Shockwave F34SKSP

I'm a very happy owner of a 2009 Shockwave F34SKSP. Purchased the TH in 2010 from RV World in Yuma,AZ,a great dealership to deal with! Anyway, I've used this rig enough to known that it is quality. Some of the cabinets lacked shelves, but I built my own. Not a big deal. TH is used primarily for dry camping in the forest where we fish & ATV. I load a 2012 Polaris Sportsman 550 & a 2008 Arctic Cat 650. The only thing that I haven't gotten used to is the electric awning. I'm used to the manual awnings that my previous rigs had. Electric awning seems very sensitive to lite wind. Also handle the rain very strange. I'm wondering if others are tieing the awning down with quick release type straps. Is that even a good idea to do? Your insight would be great because I'm really new to this type of awning. If I can help others with their questions, please ask. This is my 4th rv, & I primarily dry camp. Thanks.
Gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #2

That sounds like a good idea. I am camp a lot where it is pretty windy at times, never thought of that. I might try this just to have my awning out when the sun is shinning.
08ramguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #3

electric awning

08ramguy, what are your thoughts on your electric awning? Do you like it?
Gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:34 AM   #4

I like it, the only problem I see is it sounds like my motor might be going out already. I is easy to use.
08ramguy is offline   Reply With Quote