Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2017, 03:51 PM   #1

Add a room patio

I have the Shockwave toy hauler and would like to add a patio to the ramp. Do you know of any brands which will work and how good they are? Also looking for steps for the ramp.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
donklaing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #2

If you're in AZ you can buy mine. I took it off first trip as I dont use it.
AGTORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:09 PM   #3

Ramp add a room pation

I have written to just about everyone who sell this patio system. My simple question is, Dose your patio fit a Shockwave trailer? No one can come back with a definitive answer. Some refer to a specially installed ramp door frame some just don't know. Crazy. My door frame is smooth on all edges. The couch along the side wall is 2.5" from the door in the closed position. That was my biggest concern with the framed in and swing out patio system. Do you have a picture of yours when it was being used that one time? And why did you stop using it?
Old 07-19-2017, 12:49 PM   #4

I never did get pics of it being used, I got rid of it because I got tired of removing it everytime I loaded my sidexside. Mine came from the factory with it installed, so I dont know what you would need to retrofit one to yours. I do know there are a bunch of floor brackets that mount to the ramp floor to hold the enclosure that I wont remove from mine since I would be left with holes.
Also I think the upper cable brackets are welded to the frame, that hold the door level. You can see the ramp which looks identical to mine in the below link. Let me know if I need to get more detailed pics from mine.

https://i1.rvusa.com/crs/rv/2017_For...ingEdition.jpg

http://cdn.rvt.com/photos2/3937/7483937/7483937_4.jpg
AGTORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #5

I emailed forest river about adding a patio kit to my sandstorm and they said my door was not reinforced for the patio kit. However,riding a 800 pound Harley Davidson bagger up doesn't seem to be an issue. I just use slide out stabilizers to support the door on the end and middle sides. Problem solved.
Trobec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #6

Ramp patio

Shame it did not work. Things we learn from these forums the salesmen don't tell us. It looks like the style that swings in and out. My concern with this style is with the system in the closed position there is only 2.5 " of clearance between my couch and the closed ramp door. No one will answer my question as too how thick is the rails in the closed and stowed position. Seem simple but I guess no one wants to go out to the shop floor. I'm a retired aerospace engineer and have a knack for modifications. If I bought yours I wonder if the fittings bolted on are available from the factory?
How thick is your rails closed?
Old 07-19-2017, 10:30 PM   #7

Add a room patio

I would be interested as well. Our 2016 Shockwave F28SAGDX 5th wheel has the cables to make the patio, but not the railing. If it (railing) was available as an aftermarket purchase, I would definitely consider it.
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by donklaing View Post
Shame it did not work. Things we learn from these forums the salesmen don't tell us. It looks like the style that swings in and out. My concern with this style is with the system in the closed position there is only 2.5 " of clearance between my couch and the closed ramp door. No one will answer my question as too how thick is the rails in the closed and stowed position. Seem simple but I guess no one wants to go out to the shop floor. I'm a retired aerospace engineer and have a knack for modifications. If I bought yours I wonder if the fittings bolted on are available from the factory?
How thick is your rails closed?
The floor brackets/fittings are available from Lippert. Can't find them on the website now but they do answer the phone.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:01 AM   #9

Didn't think Lippert would sell those direct to consumer?
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo