Old 07-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #1
Awning Issues and Repair

Thought I would post this after my awning top rail pulled away from the side of the trailer. Keep in mind this happened after the second time using my trailer and there was no wind what so ever. My trailer is a 2016 F28SAGDX, and it was easier to do this myself vs taking down to dealer under warranty. I would recommend everyone to check and or replace their screws before this happens or worse while out traveling.

This pic shows the awning where it pulled away.

These are the super awesome screws that hold this thing in place, they just fell out when I pulled back the rubber strip. These screws were only being secured into the fiberglass, there was no metal backing strip behind the fiberglass as others have mentioned, so its no wonder they failed.

The Oscar rivets used to properly secure the rail.

All better now!! These rivets hold it really tight when they expand out.

AGTORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
So you basically just replaced those really cool screws with rivets? Like the way it should have been done from the factory. I will have to get that taken care of today. Thanks for the pictures! Now I just need them to replace the floor in my bedroom slide and all will be good.

Trobec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:00 AM   #3
Thanks for posting. I'll check ours this weekend. We have same model (2016 F28SAGDX)
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote

awning, repair