Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #1

forest river

I have nothing but good things to say about forest river as a company. A couple of weeks ago I went to RV show in tacoma, wa. I talked to a come from the company, the same guy I had talked to a couple months before this show that let me ask a lot of questions about the shockwave toy hauler. He answered all my questions was very patient with me, even walked me outside to trailers that were out side. So this time when i saw him I told him that I had bought one and was nothing but happy with it, small problems no big deal. He asked me what kind of problems I had and if there was anything that he could do to help, I told him that I never got my sink cover from the dealer and they blue me off...I told him no big deal, he made a big deal about it, took my name address and here it is a little more than a week later and I have sink covers. No big deal to some but says a lot about the company I think. I know this is long and drawn out but hey its my thread I started......
08ramguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #2

That's great customer service!
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #3

I didn't have sink covers for my sand storm and my dealer said if it didn't come from the factory with them to them then it must not have them. I wish I could find someone like that to talk to.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #4

I tried to call Forest River to talk to someone about customer service. I couldn't find a phone number. I wish they were easier to contact.
Tarcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Doug Fought

Flagstaff / Rockwood Warranty
Division of Forest River Inc.
574-642-2640
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #6

That's funny.... the pictures online of my Shockwave show sink covers, but mine didn't come with them either.... sounds like someone on the assembly line must have been sick that week....
WR450rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #7

Mine had them when I picked the trailer out
08ramguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #8

Okay, I know this an old thread but I am flat out amazed that I am not the only one that did not receive their sink covers, even though they are listed as standard features. I called and complained about not receiving them (or a pillow top mattress for that matter) and was told by Forest River in CA that they did not make the sink covers any longer for the 5th wheels...BS.

I have a 2011 32SALX, which is supposed to be the luxury version and still it has no sink covers. I was actually told to go to home depot and find a cutting board of similar size and trim it to fit. Customer service at its finest.
daddystoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddystoy View Post
Okay, I know this an old thread but I am flat out amazed that I am not the only one that did not receive their sink covers, even though they are listed as standard features. I called and complained about not receiving them (or a pillow top mattress for that matter) and was told by Forest River in CA that they did not make the sink covers any longer for the 5th wheels...BS.

I have a 2011 32SALX, which is supposed to be the luxury version and still it has no sink covers. I was actually told to go to home depot and find a cutting board of similar size and trim it to fit. Customer service at its finest.
I still don't have mine a year later.... Tried to find them at Camping World.... Tried calling Forest River.... just got tired of trying.

They are made out of the same material as the sinks themselves... wish we could find the sink manufacturer and just call them direct... I know Forest River doesn't make these.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:59 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR450rider View Post
They are made out of the same material as the sinks themselves... wish we could find the sink manufacturer and just call them direct... I know Forest River doesn't make these.
Have you tried Ebay:

RV Sink Cover | eBay

As far as a manufacturer, American Stonecast is one of the OEM's for Forest River. Their website is;

American Stonecast Products - Sink Covers

If you have a Lippert sink or similar, Camping World carries covers for them:

http://www.campingworld.com/search/i...p_sort_default

My kitchen sink did come with a cover, but it's just a thick piece of plastic really.

Hope this helps, or can get you pointed in the right direction.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #11

Thanks for the links wmtire!

I will check my owners manual and bottom side of the sink to see if I can locate the manufacturer. I'm leaning towards the ones on Camping World's website (as long as they fit) since they come in the "Steel Gray" color of my sink. The ones at American Stonecast are only available in White or Cream.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Have you tried Ebay: RV Sink Cover | eBay As far as a manufacturer, American Stonecast is one of the OEM's for Forest River. Their website is; American Stonecast Products - Sink Covers If you have a Lippert sink or similar, Camping World carries covers for them: http://www.campingworld.com/search/i...p_sort_default My kitchen sink did come with a cover, but it's just a thick piece of plastic really. Hope this helps, or can get you pointed in the right direction.
Dang....you are good wm.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote