Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #1

Furnace will not cycle throughout night

We have a digital Suburban thermostat and our furnace will stop and not restart. If I turn thermostat off and then back on, it will run again. I don't know what the issue is?
Alpine207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:17 PM   #2

I do not have this thermostat, but how do you turn it off and on? Do you drop 12v power to entire rig, or does tstat have its own on/off switch. Reason I ask is that it may be something in furnace control board that is resetting, not tstat. If you have manual with wiring diagram and sequence of events, and are comfortable using a multi-meter, you should be able to figure it out, but these can be tricky problems to resolve. Found this link - not sure if it fits your situation, but gives an idea of what to look for.
https://www.scribd.com/document/1882...SERVICE-MANUAL
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
Site Team

The first and easiest thing to try is to initialize the thermostat. There's a procedure on how to do it in the manual.

If you don't have one, let us know and somebody can post a link to one.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Any chance you could post the model # of this digital Suburban thermostat and a photo?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Any chance you could post the model # of this digital Suburban thermostat and a photo?
Good call. I was thinking Dometic when they wrote Suburban!
I bet it's a furnace only model. In that case the "initialize" suggestion isn't available.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Good call. I was thinking Dometic when they wrote Suburban!
I bet it's a furnace only model. In that case the "initialize" suggestion isn't available.
Don't bang your head over this Bama!

We've had at least two different reports of 'Suburban' digital thermostats here in the last week and I've yet to see one.
I'd like to learn something that's why I'm hoping for a photo and model #.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #7

Hi here is a link from the library at the top of this page in the green bar.

Forest River Forums - Downloads - Furnace - Suburban Operation (Various models)

Around page 23 it starts with description of operation at page 27 is trouble shooting the furnace.

If your furnace is a suburban brand most likely the control board has failed. Suburban furnace and water heaters both have a lot of threads on there control boards failing. If you still have a warranty it can be repaired at dealer for free. If not buy a dinosaur brand furnace control board and not have this problem again. The dealers very good at saying to bring the TT in right now and they will look at it. But you may not see your TT for weeks or longer.

A $25 - $50 electric heater works great if you are plugged into a 30 amp plug. this is what I use most of the time for heat in my 35" TT. Don't get bamboozled by the fast talker into buying a $300 heater. A $25 will produce the same amount of heat as the $300 one.
DO NOT USE ELECTRIC HEATER IF TT IS PLUGGED INTO A !5 AMP HOME PLUG BIG FIRER HAZARD

Hope This Helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine207 View Post
We have a digital Suburban thermostat and our furnace will stop and not restart. If I turn thermostat off and then back on, it will run again. I don't know what the issue is?
I have a ccc2 dometic thermostat model number 3314080.000 doing same thing it runs a few minutes then turns off I have to keep turning it on and off to warm rv I’ve done the reset and all
used2ownaharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:33 PM   #9

We had the same issue with the Suburban furnace on our Rockwood from New, The dealer did a great job changed thermostat, had the supplier out checking the system, even added an extra outlet for the hot air as there was a concern of excessive pressure.
After have the TT for 3 weeks they eventually found the problem. The reed switch inside the furnace was not closing correctly so that the PLC could reset. New reed switch and the problem was solved.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine207 View Post
If it were mke I would replace the thermostat,,, and go from there !!!
If your unit is under warranty take it to the dealer !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace