Old 02-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #11

Well don't know your model but ours was 2017 Sandstorm out of the same factory. In ours no way the bottom shows anything much about plumbing work. Most of the connections can be seen under the kitchen sink area by removing drawers and a panel or two.

Sadly it looks like a completely new model for this year and I can't find even good pictures of it. Sound like so new that maybe the assembly line wasn't straight on plumping schematics versus physical layout.

I like the suggestion to trace where the city water is spliced in to the system and whether the water might be feeding backwards under Street pressure.

Also check the easy stuff. Is the the outside shower shut off at both valves. If not that acts as a mixer valve and can act differently under different pressure. Also where are you testing this. The unregulated water pressure at my old house was over 120 psi and if you feed pressure like that into the rig all manner of things might blow off or leak.

It all comes down to good mechanical diagnostics / logical analysis. I stopped going to my dealer when they lost their service manager because he was the only mechanically inclined guy there, and he was good. The rest, part changers and not even good at that. You need someone with good mechanical savy. I'm guessing you are too far from Rialto CA to make an appointment at the factory. The two warranty service managers I met there are sharp and know every inch of what they make in that factory and every guy on the line, worth a crap to fix problems.

Find a good mechanic then find the problem before you change too much.

2017 Sandstorm 250 TH, with
8 wheel TST TPMS and
The Hot Air Balloon RESTLESS
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
No I am curious also. This is the original new H/W heater. The Rv is only three weeks old. New service manager said it is hissing when on and leaking water inside. Could cause a carbon monoxide problem?!!

Jack
Leaking inside can cause permanent harm from water damage. If a suburban tank type heater there shouldn't be any openings in the inside but two water hookup. Find them and be damn sure they're not going to be leaking. If anything about that water heater can let carbon monoxide into the rig I think it would have to be very very defective.

Good luck

Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahagen View Post
It is in warranty. Make them fix it at no charge in a reasonable time frame (a few weeks, not months) or replace the unit. Check your states lemon laws.
Lemon laws don't apply to RVs. Only automobiles.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:26 PM   #14

Update: feeder lines were hooked up backwards to the lavatory and bathroom sink was hooked up backwards from the factory. After sitting for five days past my appointment with Cactus Rv here in Tucson I picked it up untouched and brought it home.

Factory took a few days to figure it out and then told me what to do. Can't thank Chris Achtmierer at the factory enough. He kept on it and kept me informed as progress proceed on the think tank. I completed there suggestions on my own to day and it was successful. Maybe I can get a good night sleep now and take our planned vacation to Parker/Havasu AZ.

Thank you Chris,

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:38 PM   #15

Thanks for getting back to us. Glad you got it figured out.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:48 PM   #16

This example of RV repair does not show that CACTUS RV is competent.
Ram2500 diesel/ RF Surveyor 251rks
debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #17

I believe you have broken the code. When you have an appointment to get a new $40,000-50,000 RV fixed that is only two weeks old and it sits for five days untouched, it tends to irritate one. Easy to buy and extremely poor follow up and service is the norm there. I found this out the hard way. Factory was very good I must say in helping me fix the problems myself with specific directions thanks to Chris Achtemeier in Hemet CA where it was built.

Jack
Old 03-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #18

Anyone else here bought a T29FSGDX toy hauler? I was told mine was the first and I am looking for "company". Most of the bugs are now worked out and beginning to relax a bit. It is a new model for Shockwave and the Stealth 2916 is an exact replica. The Shockwave is built in Hemet, CA

Jack

Tags
switch, water