Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2018, 11:52 PM   #1

New T29KSDX Shakedown Cruise

Back from shakedown cruise. Dropped at dealer for 9:00 AM appointment. Said they are backed up and people are missing. At least two days if not then.
Slide will not go in fully on the lower Right hand corner. Service Manager said not much more they can do. It is a Shwintek/Lippert[ slide and not too happy about that.
Funniest thing is the toilet flushes with hot water. Both shower and sink in bathroom have hot and cold reverst. A few other things.
Dealer is Cactus RV here in Tucson.
New Shockwave T29KSDX/SIZE]

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:50 AM   #2

Maybe the person on the assembly line was having problems with right or left that day or blue from red LOL
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
Back from shakedown cruise. Dropped at dealer for 9:00 AM appointment. Said they are backed up and people are missing. At least two days if not then.
Slide will not go in fully on the lower Right hand corner. Service Manager said not much more they can do. It is a Shwintek/Lippert[ slide and not too happy about that.
Funniest thing is the toilet flushes with hot water. Both shower and sink in bathroom have hot and cold reverst. A few other things.
Dealer is Cactus RV here in Tucson.
New Shockwave T29KSDX/SIZE]

Jack
Here are some Schwintek docs. Maybe you can solve the problem yourself. You'll have to find the controller, though. They hide them behind all kinds of things. Mine is behind this "door" with 2 hinges on one side and 1 hinge on the other side.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabinet #2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	163167

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:39 PM   #4

Well two days have passed since my appointment time and RV has not been touched. Funny the owner made such a big deal out of appointments and now is paying no attention to my appointment. Appointment was made ten days prior. Looks like new sales and delivery has priority over any kind of warranty work. Factory says all these items must be handled by your dealer. ????????? When? Very disappointing when factory nor the dealer will stand behind their product once the unit is paid for. Certainly takes the thrill out of new ownership. This should be a happy not stressful time.

I truly believe some hold back should be retained until warranty items are fixed and resolved. Seems like once the unit is paid for at least this dealer forgets who you are and the money you have spent in good faith is forgotten. Of the 10 RV's I have had (7 large motor homes and 3 Forest River toy haulers) this deal has been the worst in service and things very wrong from the factory. When the service manager will not return any phone calls, new sales and work is placed ahead of you after the fact and owner can't find time to talk to you, it's probably time to reevaluate the entire process.

Wishing I had my Work and Play back. Much better quality!

Jack
Old 02-24-2018, 04:56 PM   #5

A fair question to ask when taking an RV to the dealer on an appointment date is, "When do you expect to have the work completed."

My dealer makes appointments, like other dealers. They build the work order at the time the appointment is made and review it with me for adds/subtracts when I drop off my RV. Based upon what work is required, they tell me when the work will be completed. This completion date includes time allowed for ordering and receiving replacement parts.

So, when making the appointment:
1. Ask when the work will start
2. Ask when the work will be completed
3. Ask if the completion date includes warranty authorization and receipt of ordered parts

You may not like the answers, but at least you'll know.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCormickJim View Post
A fair question to ask when taking an RV to the dealer on an appointment date is, "When do you expect to have the work completed."

My dealer makes appointments, like other dealers. They build the work order at the time the appointment is made and review it with me for adds/subtracts when I drop off my RV. Based upon what work is required, they tell me when the work will be completed. This completion date includes time allowed for ordering and receiving replacement parts.

So, when making the appointment:
1. Ask when the work will start
2. Ask when the work will be completed
3. Ask if the completion date includes warranty authorization and receipt of ordered parts

You may not like the answers, but at least you'll know.
I wish it were that easy here. I was told work would start when I made the appointment. I drop down every day and ask when work will be started. They (service manager / Finance Manager) doesn't seem to know. I asked him why the appointment if he knew no work would start.The owner is a dictator and micro manages everything. All new sales were put in front of me for delivery. I have heard many different excuses but no action. It will be 5 days Monday that nothing has been done even though I had an appointment. The deal and the price were very agreeable but now getting warranty work done seems to be impossible. If not done by Monday I will ask Forest River/ Shockwave if I could get warranty work done elsewhere. I don't expect them to agree but will try anyway. Key people have resigned and gone elsewhere because of the owner is what the help is saying and they are short handed. Not much I can do about it but it is a very stressful situation. I have a call in to Chris Morris (Rialto CA) director of service again but as you can guess no return phone call.
Well, should have bought from a reputable dealer like Lazy Daze or Mesa RV. I have had good luck there. Let the buyer be ware!

I am not able to reach anyone at the Factory as no one will answer their phone or return voice messages as stated before. Does anyone have a direct line for someone at the Factory in Rialto CA?

Jack