Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2016, 11:59 PM   #1

Pull Out Couch Bed HELP!!!!

Ok so we got our 2017 Shockwave last week and we walked thru everything we thought we might need to know! Then comes the weekend and I try to pull out the couch to a bed and we cannot figure out how to pull it out to a bed or fold it up against the wall for when we load the trailer! PLEASE HELP I CANT FIND INFORMATION ANYWHERE!!!!
HCuccia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Pics would be helpful. Also make/model of your RV.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:17 PM   #3

If it looks like this, it appears that you pull the bottom of the seat back towards you and swing it up, then pick up the bottom and strap it down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6FA5C38D-E72F-43FE-B923-EEA8F227580B.jpg
Views:	1298
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	114539  
Old 07-18-2016, 09:58 PM   #4

Thanks guys!!!

We struggled with it Saturday and just got back to camp and the husband got it! Thanks for the comments and info!!
HCuccia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:29 AM   #5

Make sure you only grab the bottom cushion. If you grab the metal part,that is part of the frame and won't move.
Trobec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #6

Pull Out Couch Bed HELP!!!!

We struggle with this every time we use our Fifth wheel (F28SAGDX). Key is (as other poster already commented) is to not grab the frame. But it is unintuitive and I still struggle with it a bit if we haven't used the rig in a month or more. What I do remember, which helps keep me from damaging the sofa (and my back!) is that when you do it properly, it folds apart easily. Also, when putting into "sofa position", I find it useful to put my knee at the point where the seat cushion meets the back cushion, just above where (look underneath) the frame pieces mate (sort of a tang that spring-loads onto a plate). That eases the separation of the upper (sofa back) and lower (sofa seat) frames.
Jim
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:08 PM   #7

I had the same problem when I first tried to use mine - How do I do this?? one wants to grab hold of the metal frame and that is what defeats you. I totally removed mine and use it as a seat in the bed of my pikup but after having it removed for 3 years now am thinking about putting it back in.
intjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed

« 21fqmx | T24 fq mx »