Old 05-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #1

Satellite TV on DSS

Well it's time to install a satelite antennae and receiver. Direct tv will be the provider since we have that at two homes already. On the new T29KSGDX the outside antennae hookup says DSS. not sure what this means and my guess would be Digital Service ----. Can I run my satellite antennae through this to a satellite receiver or do I need another satellite connection?

Now I am using the boosted TV antennae and it works quite well if within 50 miles of stations. Satellite would be great for remote areas. I had Satellite in my American Coach Dream but it had its drawbacks. Each different area needed a call to Direct TV for reception. This was 14 years ago. The new antennae I am looking at will auto search and connect. That would be great.

Any other suggestions or help would be welcome.

Jack

jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:19 PM   #2

The only reason to call direct is if, your beyond your local spot beam, and if you want local stations.
As for the hookup? You will have to try it. On my fiver the cabling is horrible at best. Thats the reason I strung all new coax to the TV from a convient place in an outside compartment.

donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:42 PM   #3

I have a T24RQMX and use the DSS (digital satellite service) connection with DTV and Winegard Carryout g2+. I have previously used an 18" round antenna. Both ways worked fine. With that being said, I doubt the factory crimped the cable ends properly.
flhtci2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:04 AM   #4
AMG

If it doesn't work and you end up running a new line and wondering where you could bring it in, I was successful with sliding my fridge out, then running a cable tacked to the wall inside (I have about 8" or so to the side of the fridge anyhow) and then it makes it easier to penetrate to the outside. This worked for me as I have a nook right above my fridge where the Dish Wally can go, and power right there too. May not work for you... hope DSS works out. GL.

Tags
lite, satellite