Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #1

shockwave 28sk

About to buy a shockwave 28sk 5th wheel, wondering if anybody has any thing to say about this trailer. I dont know to much about this toy hauler, but the price I think is right. How does a genrac generator hold up, I havent heard to many good things about these...any input would be great. thanks
08ramguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome ramguy to the forums!
Sorry I cannot add any useable info to your post I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #3

I have the generator, it comes with toyhauler. Little loud, but use it till it breaks then get a better one. Make sure you lock down in front or someone will steal
showtime0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime0022 View Post
I have the generator, it comes with toyhauler. Little loud, but use it till it breaks then get a better one. Make sure you lock down in front or someone will steal
What generator do you have, mine is coming with the generac not to sure how that one is, not what I'm used to preferred the onan
Old 03-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #5

Got the trailer home, so far very happy with it, I took about 3hrs to do the inspection. I will see this weekend how it works out. They had the trailer prepped with water, gas in fuel tank to start gen, and propane. I went through every thing, the guy doing the walk around had alot of knowledge which helped alot. Answered every question I had with no problem. I will update after first trip, I hope to be just as happy.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #6

Update on new trailer. Well took delivery of my new 5th wheel shock wave, checked every thing, did alot of research on what and how to check.....well the one thing I didnt check was messed up, how I forgot I dont know....So not to anyone getting a new trailer, hook up to the black water flush, I didnt now it doesnt seal right and to top it off when its hooked up it leaks a ton of water by the bottom stair. Also note that even though you do a good pdi you never no, I checked all the sinks with flash light and running water, bath room sink didnt leak, brought it home started playing around with it, and bathroom sink leaks.
All this and I am still very happy with my purchase, dont let this turn you away or scare you from forest river.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #7

First outing in new toy hauler went with no issues. every thing worked like it was supposed to. gen ran great, stove worked good....water heater made water warm, shower felt great,...only down side is small grey tank, not to sure why they put such a small grey tank, but a large black tank....the tanks are the same size, 40gals....it would make since to have maybe a 30gal black, and 50 grey....i think 10 gals makes a big difference....oh and the heater kept the trailer warm, dropped to 30 at night, it didnt kick on but about twice during the night, set at 65.....
Old 04-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #8

Good to hear its working out for you.

I've found lots of little issues with my Shockwave that I won't get into here. Haven't even had it out for its maiden voyage yet I've had to "fix" a number of issues. I'm down to the little things now and not worth the 1.5 h drive back to the dealer for warranty work.

Still looking forward to getting on the road this summer, just hope I can tease out the issues before heading off for our cross country trip. So far this unit has not inspired much hope...
BioMan is offline   Reply With Quote