Old 03-27-2018, 10:13 AM   #1

Shockwave and Stealth

Do not see many posts on these two brands. Maybe not that many out there. I believe they are assembled on the same assembly line in Hemet CA. Still nothing published on Shockwave website about my model. T29KSGDX Has anyone else purchased this particular model? Dealer received it and another in December of 2017 and I bought it first part of February.

Most "kinks" worked out and planning our second trip to Buckskin State Park in Parker AZ.

Jack

jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:55 PM   #2

We bought a t28FQDX in Oct of 16. Understood it was built in Rialto, CA. We've drug it around for about 11K miles and camped in it for 133 days since new. We have had our share of problems for a new rig. Overhead lights, trim, decal, axles, tire wear, tankless water heater, backsplash, loose water line, leaky black tank sprayer, window water leak, storage door, inadequate furnace, draw glides installed wrong, freezer door trim, That's all I can think of right now.

The dealer was very good about addressing all these problems. Only one that they pushed off on Lippert Ind and that was the axle problem. They had to cut the spring hangers loose on the right side and move them back about two inches. Lippert bought us new tires, thank you.

Due to a great dealer we haven't really had a complaint about it. Just can't believe we had a 95 Kit Patio Hauler twenty-one years that we had to take back to the dealer once. These late models are pathetic.

2016 t28FQDX Shockwave, New Provider tires 10/31/18 ,TV-2015 LTZ Duramax with over 151,000 miles, with delete done, 2014 Polaris RZR 800 EPS/ 9800 miles
herbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:19 AM   #3

[QUOTE=herbike;1769295 Due to a great dealer we haven't really had a complaint about it. Just can't believe we had a 95 Kit Patio Hauler twenty-one years that we had to take back to the dealer once. These late models are pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Amen! The fact that the manufacturers donít want to back their product or offer a BETTER fix to their shotty work doesnít help either. Itís a shame really!
SlfMdeFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbike View Post
We bought a t28FQDX in Oct of 16. Understood it was built in Rialto, CA. We've drug it around for about 11K miles and camped in it for 133 days since new. We have had our share of problems for a new rig. Overhead lights, trim, decal, axles, tire wear, tankless water heater, backsplash, loose water line, leaky black tank sprayer, window water leak, storage door, inadequate furnace, draw glides installed wrong, freezer door trim, That's all I can think of right now.

The dealer was very good about addressing all these problems. Only one that they pushed off on Lippert Ind and that was the axle problem. They had to cut the spring hangers loose on the right side and move them back about two inches. Lippert bought us new tires, thank you.

Due to a great dealer we haven't really had a complaint about it. Just can't believe we had a 95 Kit Patio Hauler twenty-one years that we had to take back to the dealer once. These late models are pathetic.
Well just the opposite for us. Dealer was great to purchase from and as soon as the check was delivered he did not want to see us again. (Cactus RV and Auto) Said they don't make any money on warranty work. i.e. Take it somewhere else we are to busy to do warranty work.

Factory was responsive. Between pictures and several calls was able to work and solve most problems myself except kitchen slide. Lazy Days techs said nothing they could do. Sticks out 1-1 1/2 inch on lower R/H hand corner. Will be in Hemet CA for the FROG Rally end of May and will get the factory to take a look at it. Numerous plumbing mistakes but got them resolved myself by working with factory.

One thing I do want to check is the alignment of the axles before my year is up. I had two Work and Plays and FR extended the warranties for an extra year for a very small fee. Shockwave told me FR no longer offers this. What a shame. It was a great for piece of mind. BTW Lazy Days here in Tucson is great to work with and will do warranty work on FR. La Mesa will not as they claim it is too hard to get paid by FR. FWIW

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote