Old 01-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #1

Shockwave T29KSDX

Has anyone heard of or seen this model yet? Dealer here in Tucson has two. I like it a lot but both dealer and myself are unable to get any specs on it. Called Yuma and Phoenix dealers and they said they never hears of it. Factory in Riverside will not answer nor return my voicemails.

Would like a hitch weight. (bumper pull) These are 2018's. Beginning to wonder if they are to test the market and if that's what the "T" in the designation stands for.

Jack

jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:30 AM   #2

Just to make sure I understand correctly: You personally saw this trailer at a dealer's lot, and they had no factory paperwork with weights and dims? Very odd. One could assume it is very close to the T28KSDX (see link below), but that would be an assumption.
http://www.forestriverinc.com/toy-haulers/shockwave
Jim

mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwhirtj View Post
Just to make sure I understand correctly: You personally saw this trailer at a dealer's lot, and they had no factory paperwork with weights and dims? Very odd. One could assume it is very close to the T28KSDX (see link below), but that would be an assumption.
Shockwave Toy Haulers by Forest River RV
Jim
No they have two of them. T29KSDX toy haulers. I have been it them but reluctant to buy for several different reasons. No brochures for specs, no other dealers have one or have heard of it, Riverside factory will not return calls or phone messages. Been trying to research it on RV Trader etc. but non have any listed or any information.

Great looking trailer with everything I want except King Bed. Any information would help.

Jack
Old 01-28-2018, 10:28 PM   #4

Post up some pics and video walk through.

Curious as to what it looks like.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:33 PM   #5

Picking it up Tuesday. It is almost a carbon copy of the Forest River Stealth FQ2916. I understand they are both built on the same assembly line. Can not find any literature on it anywhere.

Jack
Old 01-29-2018, 09:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwhirtj View Post
Shockwave Toy Haulers by Forest River RV
Jim
Different floor plan. Floor plan is exact copy of FQ2916 Stealth.

Jack
Old 01-29-2018, 09:27 AM   #7

[SIZE="4"]
Picking it up tomorrow. Only concerns are the jackknife sofa's instead of the flip sofa's. These have to be used as single beds with the HappyJack system vs the Flip sofas that flip together and can be use as a Queen bed. Jack knife sofa's have a 6" inch gap in the middle when down.

Another concern is the heavy ramp door because the patio system is on the ramp when stored. Anyone else have this system and do you have problems with the extra weight when extending or lowering the ramp?

Jack/SIZE]
Old 01-29-2018, 11:04 AM   #8

From what I've been able to ascertain, the Stealth, Shockwave and Sandstorm lines are identical except for interior and exterior graphics and colors. Three years ago when we were shopping around, this was certainly true; we looked at "same" models across all three product lines at multiple dealers in a 200 mile radius of our location. One dealer told me that the reason FR has the three lines is so they can distribute to multiple dealers in the same region while still honoring exclusivity agreements with said dealers.
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:09 AM   #9

Well reloading today discovered the wimpy front A/C is not producing cold air. Wires sticking out from underneath slide in the kitchen when slide out. Not sure what they are. Will be checking that out tomorrow. Happy Jack bed needs to be adjusted, Just a few things wrong as usual on a new trailer or RV.

Will keep a list and take to dealer after we return from Quartzsite AZ.

Jack
Old 02-01-2018, 11:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Well reloading today discovered the wimpy front A/C is not producing cold air. Wires sticking out from underneath slide in the kitchen when slide out. Not sure what they are. Will be checking that out tomorrow. Happy Jack bed needs to be adjusted, Just a few things wrong as usual on a new trailer or RV.

Will keep a list and take to dealer after we return from Quartzsite AZ.

Jack
Correction on A/C: Selector was put on 180* from correct. Switched to correct way and now cold air.