Old 02-21-2018, 12:03 AM   #1

Slideout Controller Location and Access for Shockwave

Can anyone point me to where my slideout controller (and hopefully inline fuse) is hidden? I've checked all the suggestions in other posts: basement, other compartments, under kitchen sink, etc. It looks to me like it might be inside the bedside stand to the left of the bed, but since the slide is in that's inaccessible.

If that's it, do I just have to cut a hole in the luan board under the bed and on the side of the bedstand? Or is there something less destructive?

Thanks!
Pete and Gail

gempsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:23 AM   #2

They hide them everywhere and anywhere.

Suggest you post make, model and year of your rig. Otherwise, we're all guessing.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:46 AM   #3

Apologies for not having those specifics in there ... I put them in once, but then the "weak connection" gremlin ate that post, and I left out on the followup.

2016 Forest River Shockwave F28SAGDX 5th wheel Toy Hauler.

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2018, 07:04 AM   #4

There is a way to manually crank the slide out open and closed. On my f285glsr the control box is under the sink on the left. Hope you get it figured out.
Trobec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #5

I have exact same year and model, but don't immediately have the answer. Bedroom slide or (optional) sofa slide?
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #6

Well - to amplify what rockfordroo said ("They hide them everywhere and anywhere"), I was curious so I checked under my sink just now (re: Trobec's post) and no controller there. And he has same fifth wheel (f285glsr), just different decals and fabric, made in same plant by same people that made the f28sagdx.

Assuming you are looking for the bedroom slide controller, I was thinking about where it could be, and I remembered that there is an access panel in the pass-through that is basically right below the wall-mounted switch in the bedroom. I have had it off in the past - easy to do, just a few screws. But I don't recall exactly what was in there - but there was "stuff" that one might need access to, I recall thinking. I didn't' have time to remove, but I took a quick pic to show the panel, see attached. Simple enough to remove that I'd give it a try if your still looking. The picture is taken from the entry-side (passenger side). Firing strips you see mounted to "ceiling" and butted up against the panel are my own addition (part of a storage bracket for a folding table I made). That's why I took it off - wanted to see what I might be blocking or hindering access to as I was engineering that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180221_090015.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	163028  
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:55 PM   #7

Resolved: Slideout Controller Location and Access for Shockwave

Thanks, rockfordroo, trobec and mcwhirtj!

mcwhirtj, I had high hopes when you mentioned the access panels in the pass-through space, because I found I have two in there also. But no, it couldn't be that simple: the right panel hides the refrigerator guts (electric and gas), and the left panel hides access to undersink-plumbing.

So I pulled the stored stuff out fomr under the bed, sawed through its panel, then sawed into the side of the cabinet, and there sits the controller.

Murphy's law guarantees that it couldn't be as simple as a blown inline fuse. The flashing LEDs tell me Motor 1 has a hall power short to ground. The LIppert troubleshooting flowchart says "Hall" is the sensor that detects the magnet motion. Then in one place it says it's probably a wiring problem, and another says to replace the motor. Go figger. So I'll put a voltmeter on some wires and check connections, and if that fails I'll replace the motor.

Again, thanks to all for the help!
Old 02-21-2018, 10:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gempsm View Post
Thanks, rockfordroo, trobec and mcwhirtj!

mcwhirtj, I had high hopes when you mentioned the access panels in the pass-through space, because I found I have two in there also. But no, it couldn't be that simple: the right panel hides the refrigerator guts (electric and gas), and the left panel hides access to undersink-plumbing.

So I pulled the stored stuff out fomr under the bed, sawed through its panel, then sawed into the side of the cabinet, and there sits the controller.

Murphy's law guarantees that it couldn't be as simple as a blown inline fuse. The flashing LEDs tell me Motor 1 has a hall power short to ground. The LIppert troubleshooting flowchart says "Hall" is the sensor that detects the magnet motion. Then in one place it says it's probably a wiring problem, and another says to replace the motor. Go figger. So I'll put a voltmeter on some wires and check connections, and if that fails I'll replace the motor.

Again, thanks to all for the help!
This thread may help you:

schwintek slide motor repair

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, controller, location, slide