Old 04-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
So far, not impressed.

We ordered a 24' Shockwave in early February from our local dealer. We were told that it would be in about 6-8 weeks. We've now been waiting 10 weeks and was told a few weeks ago that it would be off the production line on 4/16. I checked with the dealer today, who called the factory rep and was told they are waiting for a shipment of Onan generators that won't be in until next week.
We are regretting very much buying a Forest River product that is made at the Rialto, CA factory. There has been little or no communication between us, the dealer and the factory and what communication there has been is wrong. When they found out they weren't getting the gennerators, we should have been informed immediately.

So far, not a very happy Forest River camper!!

skynsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Oh but when you get it you'll forget it took a few extra weeks to take delivery.
sorry for your little hiccup.

TURBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Submarines once..........
We had the same issue when we ordered ours in mid February. It is not supposed to be off line until May 10th. Lucky for us RV Direct called me last night and said they have a unit coming in later this week or early next week we can have if we want it. The only difference is the interior color. You could try asking your dealer if they would work the same thing for you.
Jason and Melissa
2013 ROO 233S AKA Our "ROO"ST
2008 Ford F-250
63 Nights in 2012! 8 Nights and counting in 2013
Four high energy Little Girls!:
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:48 AM   #4
We had the same problem from the Rialto Ca. plant. In fact ours took 4 months to get. The dealer didn't communicate much with us in that whole process, it was very frustrating.
When it was delivered it had no TV. Mike Thompson gave us an allowance and I installed one myself.
My biggest problem is how BAD the workmanship is on the entire coach. There are several switch plates and cabinet hardware that are out of plumb are not level.
The tankless water heater is so loud when you run the hot water.
The black tank flush pipe leaked in the bathroom and leaked through the walls into the basement below. Hope the dealer can fix it.
Our coach is 1 month old and is going in for 16 repairs on Friday. All stuff that wasn't installed right the first time at the factory. Bad workmanship.
barrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:54 AM   #5
if that's all it takes to get you would up, you will never be calm enough to enjoy your new camper. Forest River customer service has many issues, so don't sweat the small stuff.
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:16 AM   #6
I get what your saying. We dealt with the wait time. My theory is no pain no gain. BUT, the tankless water heater not working properly, because of too low water pressure in the entire plumbing system, city water and on the pump.
The black tank spray system causing water from the dump station pouring out of the walls and flooding the area in the cargo basement.
The shower enclosure has come loose from the shower pan so the shower door won't close, all because the caulk didn't stick to the shower pan.
I don't sweat the small stuff. I just fix it myself. But when it comes to the RV plumbing, that gets installed during the construction process and will be tough to trouble shoot, well that a different story.
I hope I'm wrong and you are right. We will see how things shake out over time.
Thanks for the reply and advice though David.
barrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:43 AM   #7
That's very typical and normal for the RV industry. The RV industry is not set up for communicating with buyers during the manufacturing process. Just wait for the back up with the shipping company getting it to your dealer (It's coming ) Don't sweat the little minor tings......... its unfortunately normal for the industry as a hole..... think that's bad order a car from the factory

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:36 PM   #8
I didn't like the fit & finish of the Rubicons at Camping World, so I ordered a Shockwave. After not getting reliable information on when my camper would be ready, I cancelled the order and made Camping World bring in a similar model that was in-stock in another state. Luckily, it has only had (2) issues I couldn't fix myself (swapped wires on the generator that made it blow fuses, and swapped wires on the grey tank level indicator that made it always read "empty"). I guess the electrician was having a bad day when mine was built.

Overall I agree that Forest River customer service is crap, if you could even get ahold of someone, which is pretty much impossible... But I do like my Shockwave.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
WR450rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:53 PM   #9
Site Team
While I too have had issues with my Sabre (I bought off the lot so can't speak for ordering), I can say I have had excellent response from customer service in attempting to address my issues/concerns.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:44 AM   #10
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
While I too have had issues with my Sabre (I bought off the lot so can't speak for ordering), I can say I have had excellent response from customer service in attempting to address my issues/concerns.

X2, and I did order. At the time, I had a factory sales contact who kept me appraised of the status of the order.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote