Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #1

Switches on kickboard below sink??

I cant figure out what these are for. I assumed they were the heaters for the arctic package but I cant see any voltage drop on the panel when on batteries with them in either position. Does anyone know?

Oh yeah. Its a 2014 Shockwave 24FQMX with the Arctic Package.
Dreddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #2

It might be the switches that have something to do with charging the batteries....I know that I have 2 switches that is supposed to charge the batteries faster......at least that is what i was told they were for....I would say ask your dealer but if they are like mine you will know more than they will about your trailer.......
08ramguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
Mod free 5er

The tank heaters are thermostatically controlled and will not turn on until the temperature is below a certain point. Don't remember exactly what that temp. is.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Anacortesians

Arctic Pack heaters (made by Ultra-heat Inc) installed in my Class A (an '02) come on at 44F and go off again at 64F. T/stats are embedded in the pads and are not adjustable. They make three different sizes which all run on 12VDC. The smallest size draws 5.5 amps. The intermediate size draws 6.25 amps and the biggest one draws 9 amps.

BTW, all the tank heater pads (I believe two on each waste tank on my MH) are on one domestic-style wall switch and I think they're the biggest size.

The only tank that would be useful if it had a heater (the potable water) doesn't have one.I cannot imagine wanting to heat the black tank contents to 64 degrees under any circumstances and I don't want a 36-amp draw on the house batteries. I was also concerned about that amount of power going into a 6" wide x 36" long section of a plastic tank if there wasn't much liquid in it. I've disconnected the system and capped the wires.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08ramguy View Post
I would say ask your dealer but if they are like mine you will know more than they will about your trailer.......
Yeah, I already went that route and was initially told it was for under cabinet/floor lights but when nothing came on they said they were going to call the dealer... four weeks ago. They still dont know.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
I cannot imagine wanting to heat the black tank contents to 64 degrees under any circumstances...
I do know the black tank enzymes work much better at elevated temperatures and completly stop working below a certain temp. Perhaps those two switches are for the heaters but since its 90ºf they wouldnt actually come on... hence the lack of a voltage drop on the batteries.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #7

Can you post a picture of the switches?

The only switches I have below the sink are for the Generator start, and battery disconnect.

Mike
WR450rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
Anacortesians

Our Class A has a small panel by the entry door, in the side of the sink cabinet down at carpet level at the top of the entry steps. It has three unlabelled rocker switches. I eventually figured them out. One is for the exterior lighting under the awning and on the driver's side towards the rear, the middle one is for night lights which are on several of the cabinets very close to the floor.

The third one controls the entry steps. I think the circuit design was changed a few years back, but I can set the switch one way with the steps either in or out and they don't move when the door is opened and closed (except when I turn the ignition key). In the other position, the steps follow door movement every time. It's useful for leaving the steps down when were at a CG, and can save dinging a closely parked vehicle when you open the door (useful on the ferry).
Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #9

Pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130719_192503.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	35778  
Old 09-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #10

Looks like the light switches I have in my Shockwave.... weird place for them, but if they don't operate the under-counter lights, do they operate the exterior loading/unloading lights?
WR450rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:06 AM   #11

Im pretty sure those r 12v fresh water tank heater switches...
valiko75 is offline   Reply With Quote